Chapter Six

Riley was frozen for only a few seconds before she tried to get out of Eli's arms. His chains were over her head just so his arms could be around her, and even though he had her in a tight hold, she was able to break free after a few moments of struggle. She wanted to apologize to him but she just had to assume he knew why she had to get away. Immediately after, she stood onto her feet and looked directly toward Alison with what she thought was a confident look, when in reality, she just looked terrified. Alison's eyes were sharp, and they followed every single movement Riley made. It was an evil glare and Riley saw it several times before, but for some reason, this one seemed even more terrifying.

Alison's lips were glued together into a hard scowl before she let out a breath and let one side of her lips curl into a slight wicked smirk. Her eyes slowly squinted and she stayed as still as a statue as she watched Riley struggle with everything. Alison's left eye began to twitch repeatedly as she glared at Riley with pure hatred, and Riley hardly had an understanding why. Alison's eyebrows were down, making a slight 'V' shape on her forehead. Her jawline was chiseled and rough, as well as her cheekbones. But even though she looked gorgeous, she was nothing more than ugly and pathetic on the inside.

"Ali-" Riley started once she found a trail of something to say, but without the time, Alison took two sharp and loud steps toward her and slammed her tightly made fist against Riley's head. Alison grinned and while she watched Riley fall to the ground, her eyes sparked right before they darted toward Eli, except she made no effort to go close to him. Without another second of wasting time, Alison knelt down beside the girl struggling to breathe. 

"Don't worry," Alison started and smiled as she brought her cold hand toward Riley's face just to glide her fingertips down the side of her face. "I'll make sure to keep you alive."

Eli watched as Riley's eyes closed feeling helpless. He froze, afraid that any sudden movement would set High-Heels off; he did not want that to happen, especially so close to Riley. She leaned closer to Riley and Eli drew in a sharp breath. High-Heels looked over at him with a knowing smirk before grabbing Riley's body roughly. Eli panicked. Against his better judgement he pleaded.

"Stop! Let her go...please." His voice lessened with each word, fading into a whisper. She only scoffed at his attempts and went back to adjusting her grip on Riley's upper arms. She lifted her up and started to pull the unconscious body across the floor, her head lolling and her legs dragging. Eli felt his stomach flip in a horrible unease, forgetting all his fears he struggled in vain against the chains, jerking violently.

"WAIT! STOP! LET HER GO! LET HER GO!" Eli was yelling and growling, but nothing he did was enough to get their captor to even hesitate in her plans. He watched helplessly as Riley was dragged out of the room, all the while fighting against his unforgiving chains. The last thing he saw was High-Heels with a satisfied look on her awful face, before the door slammed shut once again, leaving him in silence, but this time he knew he was alone.

When Riley woke up, she wasn't in the same room with Eli anymore. In fact, she was in a completely different room that was three times smaller than the one she was once in with Eli. The draft was as cold as ice and she couldn't help but shiver as she sat herself up in the center of the metallic room. Her eyes slowly made their way from the closed door to her wrists, which were handcuffed tightly onto two long chains that were connected into the two corners behind her. She couldn't move closer to the door because of the restraints, but she didn't care.

Her heart was beating slower than it was before and she felt her head pound hard, as if it were creating a new song for ACDC. She gulped and felt the pain in her throat as she did. Without a thought, she tried to bring her hand toward her throat, but the restraints stopped her from going above her hips. But even though she was tied up and alone in a dark room, she couldn't feel anything on an emotional level.