Chapter Thirty Five

There was Alison, who didn't stop running in the forest-like area that was full of different trees. She had heard sirens but she beat them easily the second she bolted from Riley's old house. To be fair, she did a favor for Riley and her family. The house had definately seen better days, and it did look like a hundred years old. Alison was almost to the point where she couldn't feel better. Sure, the wind and the air bit at her skin as well as the tree branches, but in a weird sense, she felt alive.

She had been stuck watching Riley and whoever else she brought in to actually enjoy a little game of cat and mouse. A mall cop had once chased her because she had stolen a candy bar from one of the stores. She felt like she was on fire as she ran out of the building and was never seen by that mall cop again. Alison nearly enjoyed being chased down. Nearly. There was always this little fear in Alison that at any point in her running, she could be caught and taken in by whoever was there. Sure, it could have been a civilian trying to help her or a cop, but it also could be a crazy man or her father.

As Alison ran, a flashback came to mind.

She was maybe three at that point in time and everything was a little blurry, but she remembered what happened almost to a point. Her dad was about to come in from yet another smoke out on the porch. He tended to do that often, but Alison grew up thinking it was normal. When he got in, there was toys all over the living room floor. Alison was bored and she had wanted to play a little house. Her father, for some reason, never liked it when she played with dolls.

"Clean up this mess!" He yelled at the little girl who was on the ground with two barbies in her hands. She was in mid sentence but the second she heard his voice, she dropped her dolls and hurried to pick up all of her toys up at once. "Hurry up! I want this room spotless in the next five minutes!" Alison was shaking as tears formed in her eyes while she picked up a handful of toys to bring to her room. Her father was standing by the door with his thick, heavy winter boots still on his feet. His arms were crossed and she knew that was never a good thing.

Once she got back from her first load to get another one, her father was on his knees picking up the dolls. "Daddy?" She asked as she kept a few feet distance from the man. Her father looked up toward her as he stood up with an armful of barbies and stuffies. Alison took a step back but that didn't change what happened next. All of the toys were thrown at her face and all she heard was his words.

"You waste my time, money and life being in this house! I wish I never met your mother and I wish you were never born!" Alison was shaking on the floor, weeping with her hands holding her sore head. "Maybe I'll just do this," her father said, which made her open her eyes to see what he was about to do. Right in front of her was her favourite barbie doll. It had black heels on her feet, a beautiful dress on her body, and her hair was tied back in a ponytail.

"Daddy, what are you-" she was interupted by what had happened right in front of her. Her father ripped off the doll's head and tossed it into the burning fireplace on the opposite side of the living room. "Daddy!" She cried out before the body of the doll was thrown at her.

"That's just the warning," he growled before he kicked her side and walked away from her. She sobbed on the ground for a long while before she pushed herself up from the ground and went to her room after obediently cleaning the rest of her mess.

A yell brought her back to reality. "She went that way!"

_______________________________________

Do you understand Alison a bit now?

No?

I thought so.

I'm sorry for the short chapter!

It was a bit of a filler but I hope you all enjoyed!

If you did, please vote...

And follow me if you haven't already!

Peace out Secrets and God bless you all!

-S