Playing A Child's Game (Ch. 1)

HERE'S A SNEAK PEEK AT PLAYING A CHILD'S GAME!
_______________________________________

The mental hospital room looked interesting. It wasn't anything like what Alison had seen before, really. Sure, it was a small room she was forced to stay in, but it felt lighter and more welcoming though it was like a horrible prison. She didn't feel like she even belonged since most of the people she passed either tried to attack her because they were having a panic attack or something similar. Others seemed unbearably calm, which made Alison want to rip her hair out clump by clump. It wasn't something she was used to, even though she had met people who were like them.

When she was in her room, which she usually was, she didn't do much. She'd sit down on the bed and get lost into thought and not notice when one of the workers showed up to her door asking if she was hungry at all. Alison had been so lost in thought so many times that many of the workers that came to visit her had to shake her in order to bring her back to reality. At times, she would attack them, which resulted in her hands getting chained to the sides of her bed. She hadn't felt that feeling ever since the cops caught her back when she ran away from Riley's home weeks ago.

It was terrifying for her, but also thrilling. She was still in the tree when the cops started screaming or yelling loudly, trying to scare her into showing herself. At first, she was planning on messing up their path by leading a few away just to have an easier time killing them all, but her logic came back to mind and reminded her that she was thinking of the impossible. After twenty minutes of being stuck up there, she heard footsteps slowly go away. She decided that once everything was silent, she'd climb down the tree and be welcomed to the earth's ground once more. Except, that wasn't what happened.

When she was near the bottom of the tree, someone grabbed her by the waist and yanked her to the ground, resulting in her gasping for air as tears stung her eyes. The cops were speaking but Alison couldn't hear them. She tried clawing their eyes out with her sharp nails and fingers, but because there were so many of them, they stopped her before she even got close to a face. Alison didn't think it was fair when they finally pulled her to her feet and took her to the car. She hardly did anything wrong, she thought.

But she wasn't stupid. She had seen the signs all over town saying that she was missing and wanted. Whenever she passed one, she would tear it down, but she knew that she didn't take every single one of them down. She wasn't some sort of super human with incredible speed. The cop that was holding her back in cuffs practically threw her into the back of one of the cop cars once they got back to where they came from. Alison was breathing through her nose, which seemed hard because too much air wanted to get into her lungs to refresh her body. She didn't let it, though, and ended up feeling her body strain whenever she took in a breath.

The car ride was odd. She felt like she wasn't really sure where she was going, even though she had talked about the place a few times. Her birth mother had gone there after she gave birth to her and ended up dying there from heart failure. There was no way Alison would be caught dead in a prison cell.

The car was in some weird silence that made her feel like screaming or making a fuss of some sort would make it better to deal with. But instead of fighting, she bit her teeth into the inside of her lip and felt the rush of blood gush into her mouth. It tasted like bitter iron and when it coated her tongue too much for her to swallow, she spit it onto her lap. Right on her pant coveted thighs was a thick red splat. It wasn't soon after that the blood coated her tongue again, which made her feel nauseous. She was never one to get sick easily, but there was always room for change.

It didn't take long for her to realize she wasn't going to jail or prison. A big building that came into view looked more like a hospital than anything else, which made Alison panic. If it was what she thought it was, she was most definately going to kill them. When the car stopped, the driver immediately exited his spot and opened the door right beside Alison before pulling her out of the car roughly. She didn't hear any explanation from him as he forced her inside of the building, which looked too clean and comfortable for its own good.

And then there she was, in the room where she felt like she was trapped. The only things she could really do in the room was think back to the past or use her pathetic imagination she decided not to use after she was five. It would take her to places she never wanted to revisit, which made her hate that her brain would ever work like that.

When she was growing up in an old school when she was first adopted, she felt like she was looked down upon because she didn't look normal or act normal. She'd play with guy toys instead of barbie dolls and she'd dress in baggy sweaters and sweats instead of pink t-shirts and cute coloured leggings. Her foster parents didn't have all of the money in the world, but she still managed to get the things she needed, including some toy cars. She had stopped playing with barbie dolls after she turned four and a half because she felt scared of them. No matter what she did, the fear wouldn't go away so she decided to stay away from the dolls entirely.

After three years of being in that first foster home, she was taken to another one because her first foster parents were emotionally abusive. Alison hadn't noticed at her age so when she was randomly picked up by a stranger and taken to a new house, all she could feel was confusion.

Alison was snapped back into reality once a loud bang played out around the room. It pounded along with her heart before she looked around the room and realized it wasn't how it was before she faded out. Instead of a light blue coloured floor, there were roses and barbie heads and bodies covering the floor. She gulped as she sat up, forgetting about the cuffs on her wrists for a second.

And then she was taken back to the memory before she could help it.

_______________________________________

Tell me what you think of it!

If you liked it, please vote!!

And follow me if you haven't already!

Peace out Secrets and God bless you all!

-S