When your past comes back.

Start ending this book, or nah?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quanae P.O.V

Today at work went by slow as hell. That black Lincoln just kept replaying in my head. I'm not stupid, why would they sit there until I start eyeing them, then pull off? Something was weird about that, but I ain't tripping. DJ always with me, yesterday was just a time he was busy.

I gathered my things to head outside and wait for Dj to come and get me. When I got out there, he wasn't there, so I sat on the hard concrete that surrounded the plants. I looked at my phone and the time read 5:23." I get off work at 5:30, and he knows that.

I took out my earplugs, and plugged the right one into my ear. I didn't want to have both of them in because I have to watch my surroundings. I listened to Boss ass bitch remix by Nicki Minaj.

"Yo, I employ these niggas

They be grown men, but I I little boy these niggas

Want the cookie so I gotta Chips Ahoy these niggas

But I never iphone, andriod these niggas.

Use rubbers with em', I don't never raw these niggas

More money than em', imma son all these niggas

I ain't shoppin' but it's like I gotta store these niggas

Put em' on time out and never call these niggas."

I rapped along to the song. I was boppin' my head and getting deeply into the song, until I seen Demar pull up. I got up and walked to his car. He let down the window.

"Yes?" I asked while taking the earplug out my ear, and bending over into the window.

"Get in? Duh? The fuck you think i'm here to see ya ugly ass? Now get in." He demanded. Once I was in, he laughed.

"What the fuck is funny?" I asked a bit annoyed that he was laughing, and the fact that he had picked me up. "And where the fuck is Dj?" I asked taking out my phone, but Demar stopped me. "What?"

"He's busy. He said he'd call you as soon as he get the chance. You hungry?" He asked keeping his eyes on the road as we headed to my neighborhood area.

"No. Just take me home." I said shaking my head. I was pissed, because now this means i'm going to have to be here alone, and he knows i'm scared. "Can you stay over?" I asked scrolling through my phone to text Lauren just in case he couldn't.

"Um. Sure." He responded dragging out the 'um' part. I guess he was probably thinking I was up to something but whatever.

"So where's Yoyo and Jr?" I asked when we was finally settled inside my house. We were both sitting on the couch watching tv and I just wanted to make conversation.

"Um. They at her mama house. I guess." He shrugged scrolling through his phone, hardly paying any attention to me.

"Are you mad at me or something? You use to act like a big brother or whatever, now you act like you just can't stand me." I asked getting a bubble in my throat. I couldn't take everyone being mad at me. The little people I do have I would expect to be there for me. I'm tired of people leaving me.

"Nah. What's good shawty?" He put his phone up and sat down next to me. He then wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "How's work been going."

"Good I guess. How's your life? How's Dre?" I asked. Yeah it's kind of odd for me to be asking about him, but I mean he is my ex. I can ask about him right?