Chapter 1: The birth of a Galaxy

In a huge castle, a crying baby was welcomed to the world, held dear by the smiling, happy King. The baby was then brought into the Queen's arm, trying to comfort the baby.

"It's a princess!"

The news was announced to the world. The city were sparkling with colourful lights, citizens were having a ritual dance and thousands of lanterns were released. That particular night, the kingdom celebrated the birth of a baby girl. The birth of a descendant of the Dracon Empire. It was the happiest moment for the kingdom to celebrate the true heir of the Dracon Family especially to the King and Queen who have waited for years to have a child.

Back in the castle, however, worries never left the King and Queen as the Royal Fortune Lady told them the baby inherited the Queen's special power. The last thing that both the rulers wanted to hear.

"It was all my fault," whimpered the Queen. Tears rolling down her cheeks.

The King came close, hugged and reassured the Queen, "It was never, and will never be your fault. She can overcome this. I am sure our little girl will."

"I apologized for the interruption, Your Majesty," the Royal Fortune Lady informed with worried eyes.

The King and Queen turned around faced the Fortune Lady, nervously waiting for a statement.

"I, I also foresee The Dark constantly lingering around her. When the Princess has come off age, The Dark will claim her as theirs. The princess is born with a curse. A curse when her power awakens, she may become one of The Dark to serve them. A curse that will eventually lead her to death."

Another shocking news weakened the Queen, she fell into the King's arms. Having a difficulty to believe in what had happened to their baby.

"Is there nothing much we can do, Fortune Lady?" asked the King to the Royal Fortune Lady calmly. For Heaven knew how much his heart was torn in pieces thinking about the future held by their little girl.

"There is. One and only way. I will have to cast a spell on her where the Princess and the last heir of The Dark will fall in love. They will have to represent a true love. And together, they will fight to defeat The Lord of Darkness. Please allow me to, Your Majesty."

The Lord of Darkness. The name that triggered the King. The name that has faded from his mind since the last war over the past years. A burning eyes formed in the King's eyes, glaring the Fortune Lady.

"Such a disrespect to the Dracon Family! My Princess is the Lady of Light, a true heir of a Dracon Family! A descendant of the Dracon Empire! I will never allow to tie my blood with The Dark. Never!" raged the King.

"Forgive me Your Majesty, but that is the only way to let her live or else she will die in such a young age. In exchange, the boy is destined to die eventually instead," The Fortune Lady insisted.

The Queen then spoke, "My King, please! For our daughter's sake. It's the only way! Just like you had mentioned, she can overcome the curse. I don't want my baby to die in such a young age!" The Queen pleaded the King. Frustration and desperation look appeared in her eyes.

The King sighed. The Lord of Darkness is the last person he wanted to hear. To have a kin tied with The Dark is unacceptable. The Light and The Dark will never be one. At least to what he had thought before. He felt dejected in making her daughter to fall in love with The Dark's kin where her love will eventually facing death. And he do believe that his love felt the same too. However, he must agree to do so.

Facing his love, "My Queen." He took a deep breath. Sighed. He nodded his head. Turning around to the Royal Fortune Lady, he stated, "For my daughter's sake, I granted you my permission."