Chapter 3 - Friday Night

It was silent for a few minuets, it felt like the first Time that we'd almost, connected with each other, it was nice to know that he noticed the qualities I have and the small things I did. "Oi" I hear coming from Andy snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh-uh sorry what were you saying?" I reply sheepishly, "are you ready" he elongates each word to prove that I was not listening, following the sentence with a smile, "well I was the one waiting on you" I say sarcastically with a smile he grabs his keys from his bedside table and proceeds to the walk out of the door, I pick up my bag and begin to follow. He looked nice, but simple. He was wearing a black polo shirt with black jeans and a green parka jacket, followed by his converse. We continue to walk down the stairs and straight out of the door.
*
We arrive at the arcade and walk in being greeted by the smell of sweat and candy, and the sound of loud music which pummels against my dainty chest. It was all a bit overwhelming, but I wasn't about to back out so soon. I look up at Andy and he looks down clearly noticing my feelings of discomfort, we carried on walking and I feel his hand gently grab my wrist and pull me to the side and Into a small booth, he drags the curtain across and slots two coins into the machine, "let's see that smile" he says grinning down at me. I sit there with a blank expression for then he then proceeds to tickle me lightly as the picture is taken, which results in us both laughing .the photos fall into the box, Andy reaches down and grabs the strip of photos revealing the five photos of us. "Oh no I look horrendous, I hate my smile" I say covering my face with both hands. I feel another pair of hands parting mine revealing my face, "I don't" he says under his breath, as if he was scared to say, "oh" I say confused looking into his eyes, "why do you always do that shortstuff" he says letting go of my hands and looking away "do what?" I question "put yourself down, you don't think you're good enough for anyone when you are. It's a horrible thing to see" he says in an awfully soft tone, he sounded like he meant it. I didn't know how to respond, we'd never seriously spoken about a situation, it had usually been playful and joking around. "I can't help it. I guess" I say tucking my hair back behind my ear, "try" he says looking at my smiling, as if he was trying to reassure me. I nod back at him with a small smile.

We proceed to walk out of the booth "so what do you feel like doing then?" He questions in a bubbly tone "uh I don't mind you pick" I say smiling up at him.  "Bowling?" He says, it coming across more of a question than a statement. "Sure thing, you better watch out it'll ruin your reputation if a girl beats you" I say playfully "whatever brooks" he says winking and dragging me toward the bowling lanes.

After paying and grabbing us both a drink he walks over towards me and looks down at me and walking past grabbing a ball a throwing it down the lane, resulting in a strike, it's now my go and I proceed to walk towards the rack and pick up the lightest ball which inconveniently is still too heavy, holding it tight with two hands, I walk towards the lane.

*andys pov*
As she walks towards the lane I can see that she's struggling to hold the ball, even using two hands. I walk up behind her and slowly place my hands over hers which are grasped onto the ball, she looks up to me and smiles, suddenly turning away to blush, I move my body closer into hers and can smell her perfume strong in my nose, i run my fingers through hers and help her throw it down the lane, our fingers releasing as the ball does too.Only getting three pins down she turns round stamping her feet and pulling a face that does nothing but make me smile."I would have got more down if you hadn't interfered" she says jokingly. "Whatever" I say giving her a wink.

*Alex's pov*
I turn round in anger stamping my feet, I storm towards Andy and nudge his shoulder, smirking as I walk away and sit down, we play a couple of games and before I knew It it was eleven thirty "we better start heading back soon I guess" Andy says, "agreed, it's getting pretty late" I reply smiling through my yawn.

We make our way out of the door and the cold air hits me like a ton of bricks, i bring my hands up to my arms in an attempt to warm myself up. I feel a bundle of leather hit my face, tossing me his coat Andy says "don't think I'm being nice, I just don't want you complaining the whole way home" he says rolling his eyes playfully, I wrap the coat around my shoulders and we proceed to walk home, it starts to rain harder and harder, this is when we increase our walking speed, we finally arrive outside our homes drenched from head to toe in rainwater I start to take the jacket from my shoulders and am then interrupted "no keep it for now" Andy says eagerly, "Andy its fine my house is just there" I reply. "yeah well, it'll give me an excuse to come back won't it" he says smiling and winking, "whatever" I say rolling my eyes and making my way into the house, and closing the door behind me I slip my shoes off at the bottom of the stairs, locking the door and running back up into my bedroom, I sling Andys leather jacket on the back of my door. Taking the soaking wet clothes off and throwing them into my wash basket and putting on an oversized Tshirt to then snuggle into bed. Tonight had been good, strangely I enjoyed it more than I expected. I felt warm.. suddenly I hear a buzzing from my bag.