Chapter 9 - early morning

The photo is what Alex will be wearing later on throughout this chapter.

I'm standing against the wall outside of the school. It's a nice day, probably the nicest day this year. I look up at the sky to see nothing but blue. Blue sky. It was beautiful, I could feel a slight breeze against my face which complimented the sun nicely.
My thoughts are interrupted by my phone buzzing in my pocket, I reach into my pocket and grab my phone, Emily.

"Hey girl, I've missed you today, sorry i wasn't in I had the dentist" she shouts down the phone excitedly.before I could manage to reply she has already interrupted me,"Omg anyway I'm having a meal for my birthday on tuesday, and you're invited, it'll just be a few friends and family, please can you wear a dress, okay I love you thank you" she says. She didn't let me get a word in before hanging up the phone. I don't know weather to be excited or start to panic right on the spot. I'm scared. I've never really been to a meal before, and I don't own a dress.

I hear a single whistle, my head shoots towards Andy coming
Towards me, saying goodbye to his friends before doing so.

"Where are we off to then?" He asks looking at me. As he strolls towards me.
"Uh well I have to get a dress. For Tuesday uh- Emily is having a meal or something" I say smithing.
"So town then?" He says
"Yeah I guess" I reply.
"I'll drive."

Wait what? Drive?

"You drive?"
I ask laughing.
"Yeah of course I do." He says confused.
"So why don't you drive to school?" I ask.
"Yano, uh- waste. It's a waist of uh petrol"
He replies stuttering.
"Oh okay" I say smiling.
*

As we walk up to Andys car, he rushes in front of me and opens the door. "Your chariot awaits my dear" he says winking and bowing a little. "Well thank you kind Sir" I say letting out a giggle, covering my mouth as I do so. 

We jump into Andys car, and her turns on the music. Blink 182 always came on.

"I love this song" we say together. My head shoots up to his which is already facing me. We both laugh.
Driving to town listening to blink182 songs, it was nice. Now and again I'd look out of the widow at the sky, the blue sky.

Andy did this thing. Where he'd tap his two forefingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the music. 
*
"Okay hold my bag" I say throwing it in Andys direction.
He sighs and says "hey I'm not your boyfriend yet, I don't have to do this shit" winking afterwards.
"Yet?" I question, he replies with a simple wink.

I search through the racks, until I stumble upon a small black dress, it was simple, it was skin tight and would come just above the knee. There's lace around the stomach area which compliments it well. I grab it and after analysing it for a good five minuets I then proceed to walk towards the changing rooms.

"Uh You're not coming in but you can sit there" I say pointing towards the seat In front of us.
He rolls his eyes, and I walk into the changing room and whip the curtain across.

I slip on the small black dress and look at myself in the mirror, I liked my figure, that's not bad is it? My bum was perky and I had an fairly average pair of boobs and sucking in a little bit my stomach was flat, the dress looked amazing. I sound so conceited. But I am allowed to like myself sometimes, aren't I?

I grab onto the curtain before taking one last check. I had butterflies. Why?.
I strip back the curtain and walk out putting my arms around my waist.
"What'd you think" I ask nervously.
He looks up from his phone and looks me up and down.
Silent for a couple of seconds
"Uh, w- wha- wow." He gets out.
"Really?" I ask sceptical.
"Fucking yeah." He says smiling.
"Oh god" I say embarrassed.
"Well I guess this is the one then" I say smiling and turning back around to walk into the changing room.
"Just stay there" I hear Andy say, my head darts round to a smirk across his face.
I roll my eyes and walk back on and get changed.
*
I'm standing in front of the long mirror attached to the wall, looking at my face I notice the black marks under my eyes form where my mascara had smudged, my foundation was patchy because my face is so incompatible with any makeup. My hair looked awful and it made me cringe. I try to wipe the makeup from under my eye and it results in making it worse and taking more of my makeup off. Useless.