15. Party 2.0

I grab a tray from the pile that were standing on the food bar and collect my food.

I see Emily gesturing me to go sit with her. As I approach her as usual she has already started talking.

"Hello babe" she says moving over for me to sit next to her.
Before I could get a word in she lets out.
"Okay so there's a party tonight at Daniel bakers house and you're coming" a massive smile is spread across her face.

"Uh you know Emily in need to do homework" I reply as fast as possible with the worst excuse.

"Oh don't give me that shit Alex. Please it will be fun, Andy will be there" she says.

"Why would I care if Andys there? I don't care." I say at a fast pace.

"Okay miss defensive, I was just saying" Emily replies.

"Egh okay sorry, I'll come. But I have nothing to wear."

"That's where I come in, you can come over after school if you like and we can pick you out something then."
She says squealing in excitement.

"Yay" I reply in the most enthusiastic way I can and proceed to tuck into my salad.

The bell intrudes on my salad eating. As does the sound of Andys voice.

"Hey munchkin" he says, clearly making fun of my nanas pet name.

"Uh only my nana is allowed to call me that" I say crossing my arms.

"Okay sorry dinks" he replies.

"That's better" I add.

"Did Emily talk you into the party
then" he questions.

"Ugh yes. I just have nothing to wear" I reply rolling my eyes.

"Well nothing beats that black dress" he says winking.
Before I could reply he grabs a slice of my carrot from my salad, he crunches it in between his teeth and smiles as he walks away.

"Carrot is my favourite" I shout at him.

"Too bad" he replies sarcastically.
A smile creeps up onto my face.
Damn you Andy.

*
I'm currently waiting anxiously at the bottom of Emily's stairs for her to come back after letting her dog out.

No one else is home so I feel a little more at ease than I usually would.

I see her stumble through the kitchen door and smile at me.

"Ready" I say laughing.

"Lets go" she says excitedly running up the stairs like a monkey on her hands and knees.

We walk into her bedroom, it's possibly the nicest bedroom I have ever seen, the bed was placed in the middle of the room, with cushions accompanying it. A pink rug placed underneath too, she had a double doored wardrobe with two large mirrors on. She had another door on the far side of the room which lead to a bathroom.

"Wow, your room is so lovely" I say to her admiring every aspect of it.

"It's not half bad is it" she says walking over to her tv and turning on her music full blast.

She grabs a deodorant can and starts to sing into it, she jumps on her bed and serenades me with her singing.

So cliché.