Jamie's Nightmare ~5~

Eventually, the movie ended and I noticed Jamie fell asleep leaning on me. I carefully got out of her grasp without waking her up and turned off the TV. I then went back to Jamie and put my arms around her again, falling asleep. 

        When I woke up I noticed immediately that Jamie wasn't in the bed. I sat up and looked around her room after I moved my hair out of my eyes but didn't find her. I got out of Jamie's bed and opened the door. I narrowed my eyes at the sudden light from the hallway. I walked to the bottom of the stairs when Jamie called out to me.

        "Over here in the kitchen, Kalevala." Then I heard her giggle. I walked over towards her voice and saw her at the stove. I walked up to her and noticed she was making chocolate chip pancakes. "Hungry?" Jamie turned to me. I shrugged. 

        "Sure."

        Jamie grabbed a plate and handed it to me while she flipped the pancake onto my plate. "Do you have syrup?" I asked. 

        "Yeah, let me grab it." Jamie went into the pantry and brought out a big jug of syrup that had less than half left. Jamie poured more batter into the pan and made more while I ate.

        After a couple of minutes, Jamie finished and came and sat with me while she ate. After a couple bites, she asked, "Hey, when did I fall asleep?" Tilting her head to the side. I chuckled.

        "No clue. But it was sometime in the movie after I put my arm around you." Jamie started blushing a little while picking at her food. 

        "Oh... Wait, then did I fall asleep leaning on you? Oh, my Gods, I'm so sorry!" Jamie apologized. I smiled at her. 

       "It's fine, trust me. I was perfectly fine with it. Once the movie was over I turned off the TV and fell asleep next to you. You were holding onto me like I was your life." I chuckled at the end. I didn't realize it until she apologized but she was holding onto me in her sleep like I was going to leave her. No way I would, she's my mate after all. Only crazy people leave their mates to be with someone else. 

        "Oh... Sorry... It must have been my dream..." Jamie said, not smiling anymore. I stopped smiling. Since we were both at different ends of the table I moved to sit next to her. 

        "Want to tell me about it?" I asked carefully. Jamie shook her head. 

        "No..." I put my arm around her and pulled her to me. She instantly put her arms around me as well and I noticed a tear fall down her cheek.

        "It's okay if you don't want to. I just know growing up it always made me feel better to talk about things that scared me."

        Jamie took a deep breath and looked at me with her loving but at the moment sad vibrant green eyes that looked like she would cry at any moment. "Promise not to laugh or be mean or joke about it," Jamie demanded.

        "Jamie--"

        "Promise or I won't say." I sighed.

        "I promise I won't laugh or be mean or joke about it." Jamie took another deep breath then looked down. I put my other arm around her and pulled her onto my lap.

        "In my dream, or, nightmare, you left because you didn't love me because we were both girls. I did everything I could to convince you not to go, but in the end, you left me for a human guy, and I never saw you again...." I noticed tears threatening to fall. I put my hand under her chin and brought her head up to look at me. As I did this another tear rolled down her cheek.

        "I would never, never, do that to you. We're mates, we're meant to be together. I promise I will never leave you for some human." I said. More tears rolled down her cheeks as she put her head in the crook of my neck. I put one of my hands on her head and we sat there for a good five minutes until we heard a door open. Jamie still didn't bother to move though. I looked to where the sound came from and a man walked in, smiling with his eyes closed, smelling the pancakes but oblivious to smelling me, most likely because Jamie was on me and I was wearing her clothes.

        "Mmm did you make breakfast again Jam-- who are you?" He asked as he opened his eyes to see me holding Jamie and he growled. Okay then, father. Jamie quickly looked at him when he snapped and she stood up, wiping her eyes.

        "Dad... It's okay... This is Kalevala... Kalevala Silver...? You know, the Beta's daughter?" Jamie said, her hands up, trying to calm him. He growled again, not as loud this time. I slowly stood up.

        "I know who she is... But why is she here..." He said, barely audible. Jamie turned to me with a scared look in her eyes and I nodded, too small her father to notice. She turned back to her father.

       "She's... Well... She's my mate..." His eyes widened as his gaze switched to Jamie.

A/N: Sorry this chapter was short! I wanted it to end like this because of the next chapter's name and if I continue then the name wouldn't be plural. Anyway, hope you like it! ^W^