Dinner? No thanks ~8~

"Dinner everyone!" We heard my dad call us. I was the first one to rush out, Jamie behind me, Alice behind her, and so on. As soon as I got down to dad I quickly whisper-yelled, "I haven't told Kayla or Dylan that Jamie's my mate yet, so don't mention it." Then I went to my seat at the table, noticing an extra seat next to me. Since Alice is always here she's always had her own seat, which is in front of me (but right now in front of the extra seat that's to my right) while Kaleb is to my left. I mouthed 'Jamie' to my dad who sits at the end next to the extra seat and he nodded and I motioned to Jamie it was her seat. There was also a seat next to Kayla's old one on the other side, next to Alice, making the extra on the end like Jamie's just in front of Kaleb, which I assumed was for Dylan. I looked at the time on my phone and couldn't believe it was already 5:46. ((A/N: Table idea if you're confused: ))

 ((A/N: Table idea if you're confused: ))

        "So... Only Skylar, Kayla, and I really met Dylan. So, how about you tell us about yourself, Dylan? Because Kayla's kind of the only one who actually knows you." My dad thought. Dylan nodded.

        "So, as you all should know, I'm Dylan Reed, Kayla's mate. My favorite color is orange, I've known Kayla for about a month now, I'm about a year older than her, so I'm 19, and," He paused, looking at Kayla. Kayla nodded, smiling. Hold up. I swear to God if they say something certain. "And we plan to get our own house soon." He finished. I mentally sighed in relief. Okay, not what I thought.

        "Oh, I'm so happy for you two!" My mom said, excited. Kaleb, Alice, Jamie and I all awkwardly smiled. Kaleb and I were glad they were getting their own place, since it seemed like they already did other than when you'd pass them being lovey-dovey in the living room or something. It was quite annoying.

        "So, how about since Jamie's also new--" My dad cut her off with probably a mind-link because all of us but Kayla and Dylan knew she'd say 'new to the family' and Kayla and Dylan would've questioned it. She made a face of understanding. "Since, Jamie is a new friend," she said slowly and cautiously, "How about she also says a little about herself." She finished, not slowly anymore. Jamie took a breath and I held her hand under the table without anyone knowing, calming her enough.

        "Well, my name's Jamie Lockwood, I'm 17 like Kalevala, Alice, and Kaleb, my favorite colors are yellow and blue, I'm really shy, and I love to read." Jamie finished. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

        "Okay, dinner!" Dad said then clapped and about 8 maids came in and placed a tray of food in front of us. I thanked the one that handed me mine and Jamie did the same and then we ate.

        "So," Dylan started, food in his mouth then Kayla slapped his arm. He swallowed then continued. "So, Kalevala, how'd you meet Jamie? How come she's so special she's having dinner with us when you met just a couple days ago?" I stared straight at Dylan as Kayla said "Dylan!"

        "Why'd you practically take Kayla away from us the day after you met?" I knew I was pressing buttons that shouldn't be pressed, and that both my parents had done the same to me with my full name that Kayla had with Dylan only more serious, but I didn't really like Dylan. When they met, they knew they were mates, obviously, and Kayla wouldn't shut up about him, then the next day Kayla was practically only spending time with him, as if the rest of us had disappeared into thin air and had never even existed.