Arguing With Cafe Employees ~11~

After we found Kaleb, we went to where we usually train, and Jamie stayed closer to me. We ended up training for nearly an hour before I got tired. Alice quit at 30 minutes and got on her phone, and Jamie quit at 45 and watched me. Kaleb continued as long as I did.
       As soon as I decided I was done, too, I flopped onto the floor next to Jamie as dramatically as I could without landing on her. At this, Jamie just chuckled. "Finally done for the day?" I nodded. While she was looking at me, I noticed some of her hair from her ponytail came loose and was hanging off the side of her face. I moved it behind her ear and she made a small smile at that. I narrowed my eyes at her smile.
       "Why are you so cute?" Jamie brought her hands up, covering her face. "No no no, I wanna see your face." I tried to remove her hands away from her face but she held them there tightly. "Jaaaamieeee," I groaned, dragging her name out.

       "Yes?" Was her muffled reply.

       "Take your hands away from your face, please."

       "Why should I?"

       "Because I want to see your amazing, beautiful face, that's why." Jamie said something in protest, but her hands were so tightly on her face I couldn't hear what she said. "I'm sorry, what was that? Carry me until I uncover my face? Got'cha." I suddenly picked up Jamie and she squealed, uncovering her face purely to hold onto me. "I think I win."

       "Um, no, I do because you're going to carry me around and I don't have to walk." Alice snorted from where she was talking to Kaleb.

       "Fine, we both win. Truce?"

       "Truce." Jamie winked at me and I raised an eyebrow in challenge. She let go of me, knowing I'd still be able to hold her because of how light she was, and pouted. Alice sighed and I finally turned to face her and Kaleb, Jamie still in my arms. Kaleb choked back a laugh at us.

       "Kal, I'm bored." Alice made sure she stretched that sentence out as long as she could. I shrugged.

       "Well, why are you complaining to me?" Alice shrugged back.

       "Because you're my bestest friend in the whole universe? Also, Kaleb started ignoring me because I kept complaining." She poked him, and he pushed her just enough so she fell back and onto the floor. She stayed like that for a solid minute, me waiting for her to pop back up, a bored look on my face.

       Kaleb didn't look up from his phone as he finally spoke, "Nice to know the boring, emotionless Kalevala we know is back." I huffed.

       "I wasn't that emotionless."

       "Lies, all lies. You'd lie right in front of your mate, twin sister? That's not very nice, now is it?" When Kaleb said mate, it was as if something struck in me and I remembered what I told Alice earlier.

       "Oh my god, Alice, I forgot what I said earlier, we can go now?" I looked at her and she looked at me before popping up.

       "Sure."

        "Wait, what?" Jamie and Kaleb said at the same time somehow. I looked at Alice to see if she wanted to say. She took a deep breath. Tell them, then.

       "Um, I kinda found my mate the same day Kalevala and Jamie met but since he's a human and we passed him after we met Jamie, I didn't say anything. I don't even know what he looks like..." As if Alice just realised she didn't know what her own mate looked like even though we passed him, she got sad.

       "You still sure it's a guy? I mean," I dropped Jamie on to the mat on the floor so she didn't hit it too hard, but I didn't even lower a tiny bit. Jamie gasped as she fell. "We thought Jamie would've been a guy." Alice thought for a moment before shaking her head.