~~ CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ~~

Mark's POV

When I came too, the first words that left my mouth was his name, Jack...

Where had they taken him? What were they going to do to him? It was all a blur, all the possible thoughts running through my head. The last thing I remember was Jack screaming about something and being dragged towards a black car.

How am I going to find him?

I finally found the ability to open my eyes.

I could see footprints everywhere, and blood. There was blood on the ground. Why was there blood on the ground??

I pulled myself up into a sitting position, seeing more blood, and the other three of my friends, sprawled out on the ground. Had they hurt Jack?? I swear to god , if they did, I would kill them, their families and everyone they had ever known!

Wade and Ken began to stir from beside me, looking at each other and then at me.

"What happened, Mark?" Wade asked, sitting upright.

"Wait... Where's Jack??" he yelled, looking around, "And is that blood? Did they kill him?? Is he okay??"

"Shut up Wade!" I yelled towards him, the headache he was bringing on ebbing away inside me.

Ken struggled to his feet and made his way to Cry, who was still passed out on the ground.

"What happened to us?" he asked, checking Cry for a pulse.

"I don't know. They drugged us I guess."

"Hey! What's that??" Wade called , pointing to a dust cloud approaching us fast.

I jumped up and ran to where Cry was, pulling him up with the help of Ken.

"Quick! Get in the car!" I called, causing Wade to try and frantically open the doors.

"Mark, it's locked? Where are the keys??" he asked, panic clear in his tone.

"Jack had them," I breathed, leaning against the car and accepting defeat. The others doing the same.

"We're in the middle of the zombie apocalypse, and we get beaten by a locked, parked car..." Ken laughed, leaning back.

The cloud of smoke drew closer, so I pulled the knife from my belt.

A black car makes its way over the horizon, coming towards us.

"You think it's them?" Wade asked.

"Who else?" I answered.

The car reached us and pulled over, the window rolling down. But to my suprise, it was a young girl in the front, looking around our age, maybe a little younger. She looked scared.

"Quick! Get in! Now!" she yelled, out the window.

"Do we know you?" I sassed, trying to keep my cool.

She rolled her eyes and looked back at me.

"The green haired Irish fellow, he's with you, right?"

"You mean Jack?" Wade asked, stepping forwards.

"Yes! Yes, that's him! Come on, we haven't got long!"

I didn't know whether to trust her or not, but she was all I had to get me back to Jack. All I could count on at this point in time.

I sighed and gestured for Ken to help me put Cry in the car.

"Mark, are you sure?" he asked me, looking worried.