~~ CHAPTER THIRTY ~~

Wade, Dan and I began frantically searching around for the bomb and the hidden piece of paper that we would need to disarm it.

I began ripping bits and pieces out of filing cabinets, seeing nothing at all, nothing but small pieces of nothing and large documents with absolutely no purpose.

The worst thing about this time limit is that we have no idea how much time has passed us by, and we won't know until we either find these puzzle pieces and piece them together, or hear the ticks erupt from somewhere in the room.

No one made a sound. There was nothing that could be heard apart from the rustling of paper and metallic slide of draws. Occasional footsteps propelled from one side of the glass room to another and that continued for the first seven or so minutes. Frustration sinking in with the estimated lingering moments left before everything would be revealed.

Dan was kneeling on the ground tearing through slip after slip, examining and putting aside paper holding nothing of importance. Sinking silence continuing as Wade flicked about the boxes on the top shelves on the far right wall.

But nothing could be found. Could this be it for us?

~~~@~~~

"Come on Jack! Surely it can't be that hard to find it!"Mark called to me from the opposite end of the lounge. He was wrong, it was very difficult indeed.

"Please just tell me where it is Mark! I need it! Please!" I laughed whilst pleading with him to return my game controller.

It had been an hour since I'd sprinted to the bathroom for a few mere seconds. Mark and I had just been racing around the Mario Kart racing tracks. I had bet him so many times that he'd hidden my remote when I left.

"You don't need it, you want it. There is a difference you know?" Mark laughed back at me as I frantically pulled at couch cushions and ripped at the coffee table drawers.

"Yes but the want is so strong that it had turned into need!"

"You're acting like a five year old!" he chuckled rubbing his eye a little as he did so. Sitting on the arm chair that was placed behind him.

"I am not five! I am twelve and there is a difference!" Energy threw the words from me as I tackled him from the chair and onto the ground. I was perched on top of him now, tickling at his ribs.

"And what do you mean I'm acting like the five year old? You're the one who hid my controller because you keep losing~"

"I was letting you win!"

"You were cursing and sweating by the end of rainbow road!"

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Boy's! Quieten down a little please!" Ma called from the study library we had in our home, she was probably in there reading again. She loved reading. I had to admit there was something about reading a book that had a magic feeling to it. You never know how it will end until you finally reach its end. You get yourself attached to characters and moments printed in pages. Magical.

"Yeah Jack!"

"Shhhhh Mark!" I whisper shouted at him, he was still sitting underneath me, a happy smile plastered to his face.

"What?"

"Nothing..."

"No, really. What is it?"