Chapter 12

Ross's P.O.V

We went onto the beach and just as we were about to join Rydel and Ratliff, paparazzi approached us and snapped loads of pictures.

"Yeah, guys.." I started, trying to cover my face and securing my grip around Laura's waist. "We're here on a quiet day out, so can you please leave us alone."

We started walking faster but they were following. "Ross." Laura whispered, unsteadily. I knew she was scared. "It's okay." I gave her waist a squeeze to show her she was safe and she just nodded.

"Ross! Laura! C'mon, be brave. Show us that scar!" One of the paparazzi shouted. I could see Laura's eyes filling with tears and I honestly knew what she was going through. I clenched my fist as they were still shouting.

I was getting angrier by the minute. Laura doesn't have to put up with this shit. I suddenly spun around and faced them. "You guys need to leave. I'm sorry for being so snappy but honestly, I want some privacy." I looked to Laura. "We want some privacy."

"Aw, Ross. Little dear Ross, this is our job. We need to see that scar! Come on, Laura! Give us a flash." They screamed, snapping pictures. I sighed in anger.

I grabbed Laura's hand and pulled her to Rydel, Ratliff, Riker and Rocky. Laura burst into tears and fell onto the sand. Sobbing into her hands. "What's up?" Rydel asked, looking at us. "Paparazzi, that's what. They're making this worse than it already is. And I'm sick of it." I said, sitting beside Laura and snuggling her into my chest.

"What the fuck? They have no right to follow us around." Ratliff replied. "And they certainly have no right to show Laura up." Rydel hissed. "Mess with me, it's fine. But mess with any of you guys and that's it." She said, getting up.

"Rydel!" Ratliff said fast, grabbing her wrist. "What?! I'm gonna give them a piece of my mind! I'm tired of this Ratliff, I'm tired of them following us everywhere we go since the incident a few years ago." She said and headed towards the group of paparazzi, Ratliff followed behind.

"Laur, baby." I spoke softly, kissing her head. "Look at me."

I felt her shake her head. "Please." I begged. She slowly looked up at me. "Ignore those dicks, alright? They're not worth any of this. Please, just show them your beautiful smile and show them that you're not afraid. That's what they're doing. They're messing with your mind to get things like this to happen!"

"Ross, it's not easy, you know. Having a fat-ass scar, which is in the most fucking visible place ever. They've snapped loads of pictures, I've tried my hardest to cover this scar, and the worst thing is, it's going to be all in magazines tomorrow, and I-" A tear rolled from her cheek.

"I just can't deal with this anymore." She got up, from my grip. "Laura, look--"

"Ross, please. I just need some time." She said, unsure of herself, and headed off.

I sighed and fell back onto the sand.

Rocky's P.O.V

"I figured you'd be here." I spoke. She jumped slightly and turned around. "How'd you know?"

"This is where I come, to just think.. I found this place yesterday when we arrived. I've been coming here since, when I need to just be alone" I smiled. She sighed, dipping her feet into the water. This ranch is beautiful. It's so private and the quietest place ever.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, sitting down beside her, placing my feet into the water. She turned to me. "It's the paparazzi, Rocky. They've seen it. They've seen the one thing I hate most on my body. And I guarantee it's going to be published in every single fucking magazine. And I've had enough!" She started crying.