The Chase is On

I have been working for days now. Johnny's murder has thoroughly shaken the entire pack to its core. I will NOT allow anyone or any group of people to affect MY pack on this manner. I have enlisted Carson and Colin's help in finding these people and destroying them. Carson will give me full range of his resources and warriors, during my time of need. Colin even though he is not an alpha, he is the beta of a pack... I don't even know what pack he is from. As a mate I probably should know that. He talked to his alpha and his alpha has agreed to help however he can.

Both of my mates have been coming and going sporadically for the past few weeks. It's hard on me to not have them around, but they have other responsibilities. Most times at least one of them is around, which is better than both. For me it's great but they hate each other to the bones.

'A threesome though that'd be very nice' Avyanna whispers.

'...really can you keep your legs closed for two seconds'

'You know you're thinking about it now, I can tell'

'I hate you'

'Touche'

"Knock knockkkkk, is my favorite alpha female home?" I hear Toby say from behind my office door.

"Yes I'm here haha come in." I chuckle, he's the only person who has been able to make me laugh besides my mates of course.

"I come baring lunch for you madam. A lovely chicken panini with a Greek salad. I made everything myself right down to the dressing."

"You're an amazing friend Toby." I smile and take the tray from him. I notice a flicker of concern in his eyes but he knows better than to ask. At this point I have yelled at everyone who has asked either what's wrong or if they can help. I just need to find who did this.

The closest lead I had was a rouge wolf who came forward and told me that she had heard a wolf fight and went to see what was going on. When she got there she hid in the bushes and saw everything go down. The wolf was dark brown, that's all she made out before the kill. He saw her and started to go after her and he tried to catch her, but she scratched him in the eye. The type of scratch the may leave a scar.

I thanked her and offered to let her stay in the pack house until she is recovered and maybe she could be allowed to stay permanently. A wolf with a scar, this just made my life much easier.

I continue to ask around to different pack leaders about if they have had any attacks or crime, so far none. I had just called the last pack on my list and feeling pretty defeated, I threw my desk across the room. Childish I know, but this is serious.

"Cameryn... are you ok?" Carson walked in looking worried.

"NO I am not ok! No pack has had any violence recently... at all! Not even a rouge attack! It's all me"

"Well either a pack is lying, or there is something big planned. Something bigger than all of us. This is far too quiet..."

I sit down on just lay my head in my hands. I have had no guidance on how to run a pack, much less on how to react to all of this. Carson sits next to me and puts his arm around me.

"Why don't I stay for a few weeks? My father will run the pack for a while. It will be fine there."

"No I couldn't ask you to do that."

"But you can and I would, I want to. I will."

I knew he wouldn't take no so I just nodded. He pulls me up and into a hug. Then picks me up and begins to carry me upstairs.

"Carson! Where are you taking me?"

"You need a rest."

"No!"