"Victor, the Antagonist"

Tuesday, nearly all the skaters would be arriving for the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships. Yuri was getting more nervous about attending the event on Wednesday. "Yuri, sweetheart, come sit next to me." Victor and Yuri were sitting in the living room of their suite. The view from their windows was like something from a movie. They were on the top floor and down below the night time city streets were all aglow. The moon was visible from where they were sitting. Victor pulled something from the pocket of his robe. "I had your Xanax prescription refilled. I really think you should take one." "Victor!" Yuri stood up and looked at Victor with a hurt look in his eyes. Victor quickly reacted and put his arm around Yuri's waist and guided him back to the sofa. "Sweetheart, it will help. You know it will. Let me get you some water. Victor put the bottle back in his pocket and got some water from the bathroom. When he returned Yuri was at the window with his hands on the glass looking down. Victor's heart started pounding in his chest. He stood beside Yuri and reached for his hand. Yuri looked at Victor then turned to him and broke down sobbing. "What's wrong with me, Victor?!" he wailed. Victor dropped the glass of water onto the carpet and picked Yuri up and carried him to the bed. He removed his glasses, unzipped his trousers, and pulled the bedspread up over him. He picked up the glass and went into the bathroom to refill it. He sat next to Yuri on the bed and held out a Xanax for him to take. "You will start feeling better soon. Get some rest." "Victor, don't take your eyes off of me." "I won't." Then he bent down and kissed his forehead. Victor watched Yuri until he fell asleep then he quietly left the room and went to the hotel lounge.

He stayed in the shadows and looked for 'him'. There were just a few other people in the lounge. A young couple were holding hands and talking quietly at the end of the bar. An old man was on his third beer, drinking alone at his table. Every few minutes he would wipe away tears. Victor saw him talking to a man about Yuri's age at a table in the corner. Victor went to the bar and ordered a stiff drink. He knocked it back then turned around and made eye contact with him. The man glanced back down then paused and looked up again into Victor's cold eyes. He took a drink and set it down on the table and approached Victor. "Where's your tasty boyfriend?" Victor acted like he was going to leave and the man turned away and scoffed at him. Victor threw a punch and clocked him in the jaw again. The man stumbled back into his friend's table. Victor rushed at him and they slid off the table and onto the floor. The man tried to punch him back but Victor caught the man's fist in the palm of his hand and squeezed his hand with all that was in him. "Don't you ever even think about my man again you fucking bastard!" "Alright, alright the man grumbled. Now get the fuck away from me!" Victor spit on the floor and left the lounge and overheard the younger man say "What the fuck was his problem?"

Victor looked behind him to make sure the man hadn't followed him before he entered their room. He checked on Yuri who was still asleep then went into the bathroom to check his hand. There was just some abrasions.  He took a drink of water and sloshed it around in his mouth then spit it out.

Victor got in bed and laid on his side to face Yuri. He caressed his face and swept some hair out of his eyes. The lingering scent of Eros was tantalizing. Yuri opened his eyes. "You feel better don't you?" Victor said. "I do, thank you. You always know what I need before I do, you know that?" "Yes, Yuri, I am aware of that. And do you know why that is? It's because you are without a doubt, my true love.

Yuri stretched and kicked the bedspread off him. He sat up, got out of bed, and removed his pants. He laid them at the foot of the bed. Victor was sitting on the sofa wearing only his briefs too. Yuri walked up to the window and peered down at the nightlife. "What are you thinking about Victor?", Yuri asked keeping his gaze on the street below.  Victor got up and put his arm around Yuri's waist and looked down too. "It's so peaceful from up here," Victor whispered. Yuri turned to him and put his arms around his waist and looked into his eyes and kissed his soft lips. Victor returned Yuri's sweet kiss. "Yuri, please sit down with me." Yuri sat down first then Victor sat down and put his arm around Yuri's shoulders. "While you were sleeping I went to the lounge to look for that man that wouldn't leave you alone. I watched him from the shadows so he didn't see me until I ordered a drink. He was with a younger man about your age and that enraged me even more and I, I hit him again, Yuri. I told him to never think about you because you are mine. I won't let anyone ever hurt you." Yuri's eyes were wide with concern for Victor. "How do you feel now?" he asked.  "I'm okay. It's done and over. I just hope the younger man he is with doesn't leave with him. But if he does that's his choice." "I have never felt rage like that before, Yuri. I really don't know what even possessed me to go back and look for him." Victor patted Yuri's leg. "We need to go to bed."