Panic And Run

Charlie Raven

"Let's go."

I nodded my head to Alex, following her out to the garage. It's a Monday and we're all ready for school.

But it seems like Nick isn't.

"Where's Nick?"

Alex sighed as she started the car.

"Dad took him to school himself. You know, Dad's serious when he said Nicolas can't touch this car. It means he also can't ride it."

"But what if Marco's gone? Who will give him a ride?" I asked curiously.

"School bus." she winced, driving steadily but a bit faster than normal speed.

I laughed. Ooh, poor Rocky. As a soccer team's captain and well-known hearthrob at school, he won't be able to stand the humiliation well. He may be a nice guy, doesn't seem to bully around at school, but he's still too arrogant for his own good sometimes.

"He can take my bike." I offered.

Alex shook her head furiously.

"He's too proud to ask for your help, trust me. Besides, I think Dad's main goal is to make sure he's responsible and trustworthy enough to drive again. He won't allow it."

I sighed. I had noticed Marco Stone's strictness on Nick since he went home drunk and I had to get him. Nick don't have much time to rest since his father made up quite a long list of chores for him.

But I think Marco's a good parent. Even when Nick was all sweaty and tired cleaning out that big garage by himself yesterday I hadn't heard him complain.

I'd pity him, if not for the fact that he cleaned the garage shirtless. I had a great time watching him lift heavy objects and stretch those muscular arms out. I desperately wished I can wipe those hot, sexy body of his with a towel when sweat started to roll down his abs.

I pulled at the neckline of my shirt uncomfortably. Just thinking about it makes me feel hot.

Back to the topic, yeah, Nick didn't complained. Maybe because he knows that his father meant well.

I wonder why can't my father be the same.

Well, there's no hope for Devin. He can't even get me and my half brother Lukas on the same room.

We arrived at school a little earlier, thanks to Alex's driving skills. We were a little surprised to see a lot of students already at the campus.

"What's going on?" Alex asked me, puzzled. I shrugged my shoulders, shoving a teenager that's leaning on my locker.

"Hey!" the tall, lanky guy protested.

"Beat it, assface." I said coolly, narrowing my eyes on him. He just rolled his eyes.

"Bitch. I wish you were the one missing." he muttered darkly before stalking off.

I felt my heart slowed it's beating. What the fuck did that guy just say?

Chill, Cassandra. That guy meant nothing.

I didn't took notice of Alex's rambling about something, I instead looked around me. I felt an odd sensation swept through me, chill running down my spine.

You're overreacting. Again.

I pulled at my locker door, but it seemed stuck and won't budge.

"Hey, cupcake."

Dustin nudged me by my shoulder, and I instinctively slapped his hand away.

"Ow! What was that for?!" he complained.