{5}

Whack!

"Come on, you're supposed to be a sly little fox!"

Whack!

"Use your powers! Draw the energy from me, from the air, I know you can control the elements."

Whack!

For someone her age, she picked such a powerful punch. Every time the stick would drive through the air and land on me, I could feel the bone beneath it break. I had to push my powers to heal them, seconds after another would be broke. I eventually just started to let them break, let my bruises show, and instead used the pain to push me.

I shot out my foot, causing her to stumble. I pushed on the air and raised her five feet above the floor, my body sucking in the energy in the room, but I didn't stop there. I began to pull it from the entire house, blood raging through my veins. I felt the water in the air, the earth below the concrete, the oxygen to pushed itself through my lungs, the fire that burnt across my skin.

But then I let it go. Xander's mother, who I learned was named Linda, fell to the floor with a loud crash. I was drunk on the power, drunk on the energy from the house. Everyone was more than likely on their knees, gasping for the air I had taken away.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I ran over to Linda, my eyes wide.

She simply started laughing and stood up, her eyes shining as she looked at me. "It's okay, you're so much more powerful than both you and I thought." She sighed as brushed herself off, looking at a clock on the wall, which read that it was already midnight. "You have school tomorrow, go say goodnight to Xander and go to bed."

I nodded gratefully, my body practically screaming for me to take a hot shower and go to bed. I walked out of the hallway I had entered in, peeking my head out to make sure the coast was clear before I hopped out of the door behind the painting. I sniffed gently, using Xander's scent to lead me to him. Lemons and Bourbon.

He was sitting in the library, his back to me as he read the book I had picked up today. I smiled, his body tensing and relaxing as he read over what I'm sure were familiar words. I stood in the doorframe for a few minutes, simply watching him. He was so beautiful underneath the moonlight, the Moon Goddess seriously blessed me on this one.

Just think about once we get those clothes off, hubba hubba.

"Clary! Get your mind out of the gutter!" I shouted to her. I practically felt her eyes roll at me, a grumble leaving her lips.

"Shouldn't you be asleep big bad Alpha." I said quietly. I grinned as he shot up, his eyes finding their way to me.

"I could say the same thing, human." I shrugged, walking forward. I sat on the other side of the couch in the middle of the room, my eyes looking at the book.

"Mates?" He blushed at my words, quickly shutting the book and shoving it behind him.

"I like the thought of mates, sue me." I laughed as he stammered, laying my head against the back of the couch.

"Have you found yours?" I asked innocently, or as innocent as I could make it seem. I watched the tips of his ears turn red as he avoided my gaze, causing me to smirk lightly.

'Stop toying with our mate.' Clary growled at me.

"Yeah I found her." He muttered, almost as if he was afraid of telling me. I wanted to play along, after all, I was "human".

"She must be a beautiful wolf." I said, reaching across and picking up the book. The cover was a faded red and it seemed the binding was going to fall off at any second. His smell wafted up to me as I flipped through the pages, stopping as I found a certain one. "Ah yes, this is what I was looking for.