{20}

There are a few things I could live my life without ever seeing again. Walking in on my brother having sex, rotting flesh, and as of this morning, the King of Rogues Ass.

I had woken up on a bed, a real live bed, and jolted out off of it as fast as I could. My back ached, the night before I had received one of the worst whippings I'd ever had. I trudged to the bathroom, staring at myself in there mirror. My skin was so incredibly pale, I could see my veins popping through. I could see what being away from Xander was doing to me, and it wasn't pretty.

I walked into the separate room that contained the at and shower, my mind aimlessly wandering. "Hello dear."

I screamed when I turned, my hands covering my eyes as fast as I could. The king simply stood there, an awful grin on his wrinkled face. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

He chuckled, taking a few steps closer to me. I backed away, my hands still covering my face. "You know, if you weren't my sons mate, I'd take you right here."

I gulped, shivering with disgust. He took that as a shiver of pleasure, a growl leaving his chest. He pressed up against me, my lips pressing together as I tried not to cry out. His breath sprayed out against me, his sweat rolling down my skin, his fingers trailing my arms, touching the exposed skin on my waist. He pulled away, touching my neck gently before it was gone. He left almost immediately after, my body falling down in a heap on the tile floor.

'Xander, please come get me soon.'

I sobbed out, my hand pressed against my lips. I cringed at the memory, his breath sprayed all over me, sweat pouring down his skin. I cringed, turning on the shower and stepping in almost immediately. I didn't bother to take my clothes off, scrubbing at what exposed skin I had. I crouched down in the water, my eyes squeezing shut.

'Tonight, I'm getting you tonight. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, I love you so much.'

I sobbed through the link, the frozen water like needles against my skin.

'Please don't cry my love, wait till I'm there and can kiss them away.'

I nodded as I stood up, peeling off the now wet clothes. "Miss?"

I grunted in reply, scrubbing at my body until it was red and raw. My back arched as I felt the water hit my whip wounds, the water turning a pale shade of pink.

"I'm here to help you get ready for the ball tonight ma'am. Would you like me to bring breakfast up here or would you like to come downstairs?"

I shut the water off, pulling a towel around me as I stepped out. "They'll allow me to actually eat?" I practically snarled.

"Yes miss, to keep up your strength tonight!" I opened the door separating the woman I was talking to, a very short blonde with a jagged scar down the side of her face. It ran from her temple to the corner of her mouth, stretching whenever she spoke.

"If you don't mind helping me with some normal clothes, I would love too." She nodded, walking to a door on the other side of the room.

She thrust open the doors to reveal a walk in closet, filled to the brim with black clothing. I didn't see any color besides black, except for one lone red skirt. I sighed at the sight, shrugging on a black sweatshirt and leggings. I kept my feet bare as she led me down past a dining room, where close to fifty male wolves sat. They ate their food horribly, not caring whether they dropped it on the floor or themselves.

I wrinkled my nose until we passed through another set of double doors, thankfully leading me to a quiet and empty kitchen. The steel appliances stood out in their chrome finishes, shining against the dark blue walls.