CHAPTER 1

"Did it work?" Boruto asked as he looked around, "what happened?"

"Well, the jutsu was called 'Time Space Alteration Jutsu', so maybe..." Sarada considered.

"Hold up!" Boruto stopped her, "does this mean..." There was an abrupt silence as the two kids looked around.

They were still in the Hokage's office, only there was something about it that was different.

"What if..." Boruto chuckled jokingly, "we're in a different dimension? Wouldn't that be crazy?!"

"Shut up, you idiot! Of course not! That's impossible!" Sarada shouted as she punched Boruto in the stomach, "you see where you got us? This is all--"

"Hey! What are you kids doing in here?"

The two turned to see Shizune standing at the door.

"Lady Shizune!" Sarada smiled, "look, we were--"

"You're not supposed to be in the Hokage's office!" Shizune shouted, "I don't even know who you kids are, so get out!"

Boruto and Sarada blinked with confused expressions.

"If you won't get out, then we'll have to get you out by force! Lady Tsunade doesn't like it when kids barge into her workspace!"

"Granny Tsunade?" Boruto tilted his head, "that old hag is the Hokage again?"

Before they knew it, two ANBU ninja showed up, grabbed Boruto and Sarada and dropped them outside the Hokage Estates before vanishing again.

"Hey!" Sarada was furious, "what's the big idea?! Who kicks the Hokage's son---"

"Sarada..."

"What?!"

Boruto pointed at the Hokage Faces on the side of the mountain, and there were two faces missing, "I seriously think we went back in time..."

"No way..." Sarada stared incredulously at the buildings, "you're right... No wonder the office looked so outdated."

"Yeah, no kidding..." Boruto nodded as they watched all the villagers walking through the streets, "So how do we get back?"

"I'm sure we just have to do the same thing we did before..." Sarada shrugged, "that uses a lot of chakra, though. We need to wait a while before we've recharged."

"Good idea." Boruto agreed as he watched Sarada walk ahead of him, "so where should we go?"

"I don't know... I guess we'll just have to find our way around here, it's not the same as it used to be."

"Oh, I know! Let's go tell Granny Tsunade we come from the future, and that in the future, she looks so much---"

"No, Boruto, are you an idiot?" Sarada groaned, "we have to be careful. No one can know we came from the future. We might unintentionally alter the future. Try not to talk to anyone."

"Hey."

The two of them froze and slowly turned around to meet the adult's gaze.

"Where is your squad? Why aren't you kids with your team?"

"Iruka-Sensei!" Boruto laughed, "you look so much younge--"

"We lost them." Sarada elbowed Boruto in the gut and smiled nervously, "we were just off to go look for them, actually."

"I see." Iruka nodded, "hold on. I've never seen you kids before."

"We're... New." Boruto chuckled, "we come from the Village... Hidden in the... Meadow..."