CHAPTER 2

"Hmph... Dad..." Boruto muttered as he walked down the dirt road of the village, "I can't believe..." He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, "he even pays more attention to a stranger like me when he was younger... Stupid old man..."

Old man...

Old...

Suddenly, Boruto vanished in a cloud of smoke... Nothing left but drops of blood on the dirt...

"... Dad."

"BORUTO!"

Naruto panted as he sat up in his bed. He looked around and only saw Hinata dusting the shelves of their room.

"Naruto?!" Hinata turned, "are you okay? You suddenly yelled Boruto's name..."

"Yeah... Yeah I'm fine." Naruto sighed as he rubbed his forehead, "what time is it?"

"12 in the afternoon."

"What? Hinata, why didn't you wake me?!" Naruto jumped up and started to panic, "crap! I'm supposed to be at work!"

"You know..." Hinata chuckled, "ever since you started sleeping at home and not working all night, you've slept like a baby. Of course I didn't want to wake you."

Naruto sighed, calming a bit, "I guess you're right... Thank you."

"Mhm!" Hinata blushed.

"So..." Naruto turned, "where are Boruto and Hima, anyways?"

"Hima's out with Inojin again, Boruto's with Sasuke."

Naruto snickered, "I swear, even after everything that happened at the Chunin exams, he still spends every second he can with that show-off..."

Before Hinata could protest, the doorbell rang. The two went down to see who it was, but who they saw shocked them.

"Sasuke? Sakura?" Naruto stared at both Uchiha standing before them. What was really troubling Naruto was that Sakura looked tired out like she'd been running, and Sasuke had the most serious expression, one he hadn't seen since the war, "what's going on?"

"Naruto! Hinata!" Sakura's voice was shaky and full of worry, "it's Sarada!"

At the tone of her voice and the way she said Sarada's name, the color drained from both Naruto and Hinata's faces, "what..."

"Boruto, too..." Sasuke's voice trembled too, "they were training, I was watching. Until they both vanished... They were Shadow Clones."

"That dream..." Naruto was fearful, "Boruto..."

"Where could they have gone?!" Hinata muttered.

"We don't know." Sakura managed, "Sasuke's trying to find a way to trace their chakra, but they're not even in the village anymore..."

Suddenly, Naruto's cell phone went off, "yeah?"

"Naruto."

"Kakashi-Sensei?"

"What happened?"

Naruto sighed, "you heard too? Sasuke and Sakura are over here. We're trying to figure out what happened to them."

"What?"

"With Boruto and Sarada..."

Kakashi was silent for a moment, "that's not what I was talking about."

"Oh..."

"But I actually might have an answer to your problem." Kakashi continued, "Shikamaru told me that when he went into your office this morning, he found one of your forbidden jutsu scrolls open on the floor."