CHAPTER 7

"What happened to you?!" Naruto shouted, "you were..."

"That was me before I got killed! Before I wasted my life on you!" Neji yelled, then chuckled, "Hotatsu... My dear friend, who was killed when we were younger... Around this time, actually. He was brought back by the reanimation jutsu."

"Who could've--"

"It was Orochimaru." Neji replied, "he found Hotatsu Hyuga and brought him back to life not too long after my own death. Hotatsu revived me in return, with the hopes of gaining a power that's stronger than the Byakugan, even the Tensagan that Toneri failed to obtain!"

"Toneri..." Naruto remembered the Otsutsuki that tried to destroy the earth by directing the moon into it. Not only that, but that's when he first realized his feelings for Hinata, "enough! Neji, why are you doing this? You're better than this!"

"Oh really?" Neji cackled, "well what if I told you that Hotatsu and I have a plan to obtain a power stronger than Sakura's brute strength, Sasuke's Amaterasu, and even your Ninetails chakra."

"That's not possible." Naruto whispered.

"It will be..." Neji smiled evilly, "we will make it happen, and the Hyuga and Otsutsuki will reign!"

"This is destroying the timeline, don't you see?!" Naruto yelled, "you destroy everyone here, you even destroy yourself. We'll all disappear."

"Oh, that won't happen." Neji shook his head, "we froze the time stream. Everyone back in present time is frozen until I reset it."

"Hinata..." Naruto whispered, "you wouldn't do anything to hurt your own cousin!"

"Lady Hinata will choose her side. When that time comes, I will be ready for the fusion, and with Hotatsu by my side, we will rule the Shinobi world!"

Naruto stared in horror at what Neji had become, "Neji... Tell me now. Where are Sasuke and Sakura?"

"Oh. You want to see them so badly? Go ahead." Neji chuckled as he stepped aside, and two more lights came on. On the two opposite sides of the large, stone room they stood in, Sasuke was chained to the wall on one side while Sakura was chained to the wall opposite him.

"Sasuke!" Naruto yelled.

"N..." Sasuke groaned as he just started regaining consciousness, "N-Naruto...? Naruto?!" He tried to get up, but his chains pulled him back.

"Sasuke..." Naruto muttered as soon as he saw Sasuke's face. They had wrapped a cloth around his eyes, then sealed a jutsu on him, restricting him from his Sharingan.

"Naruto! I'm fine!" Sasuke yelled, reassuring him, "where's Sakura?"

"She's just across from you." Naruto replied.

Sasuke looked in that direction, or at least turned his head, "Sakura!! Sakura, wake up!"

"S-Sasuke...?" Sakura rubbed her head, but felt extremely weak, "my... My chakra..."

"Sh, it's okay... You don't have to say anything. Save your strength..." Sasuke ordered her.

"Sasuke, your eyes--"

"Don't worry about me."

"Aw..." Neji grinned, "how very touching."

Sasuke tilted his head, "is that..."

"Yes, Sasuke. What a surprise to see that you've returned to the village. In fact, found a wife, huh? I never would have guessed."

"Shut up, Neji! You shouldn't be one to talk, you traitor!" Sakura yelled, "leave Sasuke alone!"

Neji stared at the pinkette in amazement, "wow, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine."

He walked over to her and grabbed the collar of her shirt.

"Sakura!" Sasuke heard Sakura's muffled cries, "Neji!! Stop it!!"

"Oh please." Neji rolled his eyes, "you will be quiet." Neji stared into Sakura's horrified eyes, and she suddenly went silent, then crumpled over.

"Ngh!" Naruto tried to break free, "what did you do to her?!"

"Don't worry. I only put her to sleep for the time being." Neji snapped his fingers, "now..."

"What..." Sasuke breathed heavily with anger and hatred, "what the heck do you plan on doing with us?"

"I'm only looking for your powers." Neji replied plainly, "as the strongest ninja in the village, Hotatsu came up with a fusion jutsu that can take the lives of a ninja or two, take their powers, and fuse them to one person."

"Why would someone come up with a jutsu like that?! How?!"

"Hotatsu is a genius. After all, he is the one who came up with the Time Space Jutsu." Neji explained, "just from the study of the Rinnegan."

Sasuke inhaled sharply at the name, "Rinnegan?"

"Yes. Specifically Nagato's Rinnegan. Hotatsu found his corpse and took it to study. A pure and still functional Rinnegan. Of course, turning it into the Time Space Jutsu expended the eye, otherwise he would've kept it for himself."

"You two are just selfish idiots!"

"Well, we plan on sharing this new Jutsu with the rest of the world. Imagine how much stronger the next generation would be. Unlike those... Kids of yours." Neji smirked.

"Boruto..." Naruto stared, "where is he?!"

"I swear..." Blood dripped from Sasuke's voice, "if you touch Sarada..."

"Don't worry, even I don't know where they are this very moment." Neji shrugged, then heard Hotatsu come in with a large scroll, "once we've fused your powers into this scroll, it will be as if nothing really happened. Oh, and you three will be dead. What should we call this new Jutsu? NaruSasuSaku? How about... Jutsu Seven."

Naruto gritted his teeth as Hotatsu rolled out the scroll, "Neji... You don't know what you're doing!"

"Yes... I do." Neji turned to Hotatsu, waited for his nod, then quickly performed a series of hand signs, "Fusion Jutsu!" Neji slapped his palm at the center of the pattern on the scroll.

"Gah!!"

"Ngh!!"

"Aah!!"

Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura cried out when Neji started extraction chakra from them and absorbing it into his own body.

"Y-yes!!" Neji shouted out and laughed wildly, "this chakra!! This power! I will rule the Shinobi nations!"

Naruto struggled to open his eyes and watch as Sasuke and Sakura cringed and cried out in pain.

"B..." Naruto hissed through clenched teeth just before passing out, "Boruto..."