CHAPTER 4

"So... Who is this Hotatsu Hyuga? Do you know anything about him, Hinata?"

Hinata shook her head, "never heard of him..."

Tsunade sighed "we're still unaware of who his so-called 'boss' is... Could be one of our own, for all we know." She scanned the people in the room, being Kakashi, Team 7, and Hinata. Then she glanced back at the two strangers, "your names really aren't Boru Uzu and Sara Uchi, correct? And your headbands... You're really not from the Hidden Meadow."

"Hn..." Sasuke looked away.

"We should've known there was never a village like that..." Sakura sighed.

"Yes..." Sarada glanced at Boruto, "but this wasn't my fault... It was..."

Boruto stared at the floor, "it was me."

Tsunade peered her eyes at the boy, "what are you saying?"

"It's my fault we ended up back here." Boruto explained, "we're really from the future. About twenty years later..."

"What?" Kakashi was shocked, along with everyone else in the room, "how?"

"There's this jutsu that the Hokage in our time has... It's a forbidden Time-Space Jutsu. I... I took it. And we ended up here." Boruto hesitated.

Sakura stared at him incredulously, "You stole and learned a forbidden jutsu? Why would you do that?"

"It..." Boruto looked away, "it doesn't matter. All you guys need to know is that that Hotatsu guy is a liar! We came back here on accident! We have no intentions of hurting anyone. Or the timeline."

"The timeline is already disrupted..." Tsunade's assistant, Shizune, spoke up, "if you're not the ones we should be after, then can you tell us about this Hotatsu and his partner?"

Sarada shook her head, "we've never heard of him either. We're actually surprised he knows we're here. Not even... Not even our parents know..."

Naruto looked down at the floor, then grinned, looking back up at the two, "so, uh, what's it like?"

Boruto looked at him, "huh?"

"You know, the future! In twenty years? Do I get married? Have kids? No, more importantly, do I... Become Hokage? It's my biggest dream, you know?"

"Hn." Sasuke cleared his throat, "and... The Uchiha clan? What of it?"

Sarada bit her lip, "uh..."

"Questions after..." Tsunade interrupted, "they still haven't told us who they really are. How silly of me to forget asking."

"Hm." Boruto coughed, "my name..." He glanced at Naruto cautiously, then Hinata, then finally, Sarada, who only stared at the floor, "my name is Boruto Uzumaki."

The name was out, and the entire room went silent.

"... U-Uzumaki?" Naruto's voice cracked, "are you..."

Boruto turned to look at Naruto, then nodded. That's all it took. Naruto broke into tears and fell on his knees, wiping his eyes and his now running nose.

"I have... I have a son!" Naruto sobbed happily, "you're my... Wait, then who's..."

"This might get awkward..." Boruto chuckled, "but I always wondered why I got along so well with Hinata." Boruto shrugged, "she does look like my little sister, after all."

"S-sister?" Hinata muttered, "you're..."

"Hinata?!" Naruto gasped as he stood up, then walked up to Boruto, wrapping his arms around him, "you look just like me!"