38. The Phone Call.

Recap~~~~
"Hello?" Virat said through the
phone in a tired and weak voice as he answered the call.

That was the voice I've been dying to hear for the past 2 weeks.

"Virat." I said quickly.
I must have been really stupid and have woken him up, so he didn't see the caller ID or something, because it was like the realisation hit him that it was me.
"What? Hi. Hello. Kidaan. How are you? What you up to?" He rushed out in a panic. I literally couldn't hold in my laugh at all, and I burst out laughing.
"Jaya?" He asked.
"Sorry, I shouldn't be laughing!" I eventually stopped laughing. "What's up?" I said in the most casual way, as if nothing ever happened between us.
"Um.. I'm.." He began but paused.
"You're?"
"I'm sorry Jaya. About Lisa. That I kissed her. I was drunk, and I was thinking you, I needed to get you off my mind, and I was missing you, and I-" He went on and on before I finally cut him off.
"I miss you."
"And I was-" He stopped half way. "You what?"
"I miss you." I repeated, and he gave me a soft chuckle.
"I miss you." He said in a really dramatic tone, which made me
laugh. "So, I'm forgiven?" He asked, being ad awkward as ever.
"Nope." I said.
"What do I have to do now to be forgiven? I will do anything in my power to make it up to you." He said.
"Come to Mumbai on my birthday." I said, and he started laughing. "What's wrong with you?" I asked.
"You think coach will allow that?" He asked.
"Well, my brother and Yuvi can." I replied to him.
"Well, my team is different. I'm sorry Jaya. I won't be able to make it. Is there any other way I can make it up to you?" He asked softly.
"Ice cream." I mumbled.
"Done. When I come back home, I will buy you all the ice cream you want!" He laughed.
"Hm." I just hummed in response.
"Jaya. Come on. Please understand that I can't come, even if it's for a day. I'm sorry darling." He said.
"What did I say about calling me darling!" I laughed, and he did too. "Of course I'm going to be sad about it Virat. I'll get over it soon. It's just that it's the first birthday in ages where I can actually celebrate it with all my friends, and I have another reason to celebrate, the movie, but it's not going to be the same without you." I sighed.
"I will spend however long you want me to be with you after IPL. I promise. Thank you for forgiving me, I have to go now. I love you." He said and chuckled. My Virat Kohli was back.
"Hate you." I said and ended the call.

A part of me was partying because my love was talking to me again. But a part of me felt so sad, he couldn't be with me
on my birthday. Everyone would think, it's just a birthday, there's one every year, I'll get over it. But it's more than that to me. It's a time where all of my family and friends can get together, and celebrate with each other, and this year, for more than one reason. I'd already decided I was going to go all out for Virats birthday. Even if he didn't want to, I was going to make it the best birthday he's ever had, even if he couldn't make my birthday the best I've ever had.

The Next Day

It was 8:30am, and I had an early photo shoot with Aditya. I was currently waiting for Ashley and Rahul to show up at this studio, so we can actually take some pictures without me looking like I was dragged through a bush backwards. Aditya was no where to be seen either.

When they finally turned up, they both had the biggest grins on their faces.
"What you two smiling at?" I asked as Ashley got all of the makeup and stuff out. There wasn't many people at the shoot, literally just us lot, the photographer, and like 4 other people sorting out lighting and all that stuff.
"We may have done a few things, and organised for someone to come to your party." Rahul said with a smile.
"Like what?" I said with a huge smile.
"Oh, not really anyone important. Just Priyanka Chopra." Ashley said.
"WHAT!" I literally screamed.

The whole of the shoot was spent with me obsessing over her, Ashley and Rahul getting annoyed at me for not doing what I was supposed to do, and Aditya flirting with me, or trying to flirt should I say. If I was going to spend the next year with this guy, I figured I should tell him about Virat, so I did, and the be honest, he took it quite well. I invited Aditya to my party, and he so up for it, it was funny to watch him talk about how 'fun' it would be. It might have been fun for other people, but it would have been
missing Virat Kohli, so it won't be quite as fun as it if for them for me.

*****

"Rahullllll!" I groaned. "Why did you get me into this?"

We were at my house, I was with Aditya, Rahul, Ashley, Ritika and Rohit. Yuvi and Hazel were here too, Yuvi wasn't playing tomorrow, so they both got 2 days to spend in Mumbai. Bhai and bhabhi were coming too, they were on their way here.

"You agreed to it. So now you have to do it." Rahul replied.
We were playing a game of 'Drinko.'
"How do you play? I've never seen this before!" Hazel asked, and then Rahul got out this sheet from the box it came in, and read it out.
"Each player chooses a colored shot glass and matching playing chip, then places their glass at the bottom of the game board.  Once a player chooses a slot for their glass, they must remain there until the end of the round.  Players then take turns dropping their chips anywhere along the top opening of the game board and watch it fall.  The players whose shot glass occupies the spot where the chip lands must drink their shot and refill the glass to resume play!" He finished with a smirk. "Okay?"
"Okay." Hazel said before making a funny face.
"Oh, and since I bought this, I get to include a little twist!" He winked. Everyone groaned.
"What is it yaar?" Yuvi said.
"Every time the chip lands in your shot, you obviously take that shot, but then, someone says a truth or dare, and then you carry on as normal. But you HAVE to complete that dare, or there will be a consequence of 2 strong shots." He smiled.
"So, you basically want us to get wasted?" I raised my eyebrow, and he nodded.

"Let's get started then!" Yuvi exclaimed as we got into a circle. "Youngest to oldest?" He smirked, knowing I was the youngest and he was the oldest.
"I think it should be oldest to youngest." I said.
"Really? That's nice." Yuvi smiled. "Youngest to oldest it is." He threw me the bag counters. "Choose your colour."
I put my hand in the bag, and I grabbed a blue one out. Yuvi was yellow, Ashley was pink, Rahul was green, Rohit was black, Rits was purple, Hazel was red and Aditya was white.

Then, Rohit started pouring all sorts of alcohol into each shot glass, giving us the bottle that he filled our glasses with after.
Yuvi looked at me and smirked. I put my counter at the top, waiting for someone to tell me to drop it.
"Drop it!" Aditya called out.
"Fuck!" I shouted out when it landed in my bloody shot. Everyone started laughing, and I just gave them a dirty look in response.
"Drink up Jaya!" Yuvi smiled.
"What even is it?" I asked looking at the liquid. "Never seen this before!"
"You'll see what it is." Rohit said, and I downed the drink. It left a horrible burning feeling in my throat when I drank it.
"Woah! Did you give me the strongest one or something?" I looked at Rohit.
"Nope." He said with a smile and pointed to Yuvi.
"You know we're not meant to be drinking?" Yuvi groaned.
"Why not?" Aditya asked.
"IPL." He said in a duh tone.
"No one needs to know you were drinking. Anyway, you have a couple days off. You'll be fine!" Rahul said.
"Hm. Whatever. Anyways, it's time for Jaya's dare!" He smirked, and I gave him a death stare.
"What do you want me to do?" I asked with a sigh. Everyone stayed quiet for a while, thinking of what to do.
"I know!" Yuvi exclaimed and everyone looked at him. "Jaya Dhoni, I dare you to text Anushka Sharma, saying 'Virat is all mine now. You can't stop that.'" Everyone laughed at it. What an idiot.
"What! I can't do that. It will cause so much unnecessary arguments, and I don't need that!" I argued back.
"Uh uh uh! Remember! No backing out of a dare!" Aditya smiled.
"I hate you all!" I groaned and I got my phone out, ready to text Anushka. My idiot friends all gathered around me.

To Anushka🐸 Virat is ALL MINE now. And you can't do
anything about it. 😘😊. X

A/N
Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed that chapter! Can't wait for everyone to read the birthday chapters!

Thank you so much for the love on this book! 💕 Also, I'm sorry I keep going on about this, but I'd very much appreciate it if you all could check out my new book, 'Meant To Be'. It is about a Punjabi girl, born in England who moves to India to become a coach for India Women, but it has a little twist😉😉.

Thanks! -J Xx