Chapter 12 - Make a Wish

This chapter was inspired by the song Touch It by Ariana Grande. Feel free to listen as you read!

Mr. Leto stayed at bay for the rest of the evening, but it didn't help at all. I was still walking on cloud nine from the high he gave me back in the locker room. My thoughts practically belonged to him. The ride home seemed to drag on forever. Allegra kept gushing about how cute Derek and I were in our picture. We'll find out in a few weeks how it really turned out when they mail the finished photos to us.

We finally arrived at Allegra's house as I felt anticipation well up in the pit of my stomach. Sydney and Dasha were waiting for us with their parents at the house for the sleepover. Our dates' parents were parked in front of the house, ready to swoop the boys up before our girls night. No boys welcome, except only one man and all for me.

As soon as we got out the car, I spotted Mr. Leto walking over to us. Even when he moved, it was like slow motion to me. He was like a model off the runway as his features glowed against the night sky.

He greeted the parents with smiles and light conversation as we said goodbye to our dates and took last minute group selfies

He greeted the parents with smiles and light conversation as we said goodbye to our dates and took last minute group selfies. He walked over to us to bid farewell to Allegra's date. I had the feeling he was trying to keep an eye on Derek and I.

Derek took my hands in his and looked down at me, smiling. "Tonight was great, Kerri." 

I had to admit, he had such a great smile."Thanks for being my date." I smiled back.

"The pleasure was all mine." He attempted to say as suave as possible. We both laughed before hugging each other.

As I hugged Derek, I saw Mr. Leto impatiently waiting for us.

"Well, I guess this is goodnight

"Well, I guess this is goodnight." I tried to wrap it up.

"Yep," Derek's eyes caught mine and I could feel Derek's face inching closer to mine. I leaned in.