Chapter 8 - Starving

You all did it! 100 followers and counting on IG! Words can't express my excitement – thank you all! Enjoy the chapters 8,9 & 10 of Her Instinct available now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was inspired by the song Starving by Haille Steinfeld. I totally encourage you to listen while reading. Enjoy! 

One hour. One hour? That's... that's...I look down at my phone. It was 2 pm on the nose, so 3 pm at Macy's it is.

I rushed back to the Victoria's Secret. My friends didn't seem to miss me, thank God. I caught them just in time as they wrapped up their shopping. I checked my phone to see that Derek texted me while I was with Mr. Leto and told us to meet them at the food court by the Subway. Funny thing, the food court was eight stores down from the Macy's. It's like Mr. Leto knew we'd be eating there. I set an alarm on my phone for 45 minutes. That should give me time to get to there.

The boys were all sitting at a long table on one side. They waved us over. We got our food and made our way over there. We sat across from them at a long table. I sat between Allegra and Sydney with Derek across from me. Though my mind was a swirl of emotions, I couldn't keep from smiling every time I saw him. He sat at the table, trying to look so cool.

He didn't fool me

He didn't fool me. Deep down, there was a nerd in there like me, hard to imagine.

We've been friends for a while now, but nonetheless he was hot.

Everyone dug into their food, except  for me. I had no appetite.

"Not hungry, Kerri?" Allegra asked. She mouthed to me, "You nervous?" She laughed playfully.

Wouldn't she like to know.

My mind was so torn. I wanted to give Derek attention but at the same time, thoughts of my conversation with Mr. Leto hung in my mind like overcast clouds.

I shook my head as I tried not to roll my eyes and finally picked up my sandwich to keep Allegra at bay.

Sydney fueled the conversation as always; making us crack our sides. I sat back as I tried to imagine how to get away. What excuse could I give? I can't use the bathroom, because it's right by the food court and they'll know something's up. Think, Kerri...think...Got it!

Ding Ding!

My phone buzzed. It was time to meet Mr. Leto, already? Anticipation shot through my body like fireworks.

"What's that, Kerri?" Sydney asked.

"There's this... sale at Macy's. It ends at 3:00 pm. I totally forgot!" I faked my surprise. It shouldn't take too long. I'll be right back." I'm not the best actress, but they all bought it.