Chapter 3: To Live or to Die

Chapter 3: To live or to die

The newly arrived prince—I mean—the freshly covered prince is looking at me with hatred in his eyes.

Uh oh. He is fuming. If only I can run away from the hall then I should've done it a while ago but no. The guards are there.

If there's one thing that is running on my mind right now is that: Oh God please save me from the wrath of the royal family. So help me God.

"Mattheo!" The prince called someone. Oh god please do not let it be the executioner.

In a matter of seconds, someone attended to his aid. It is the same soldier who helped me find the kitchen not long ago. The prince whispered something to him while Mattheo continues to nod.

I tried to lip read what he's saying but my mind keeps on thinking that he's saying: 'off with his head' or 'let the birds feed on his flesh', but I know that we're living in a modern world where barbaric activities are long gone. I hope so.

Mattheo faced me and there I face the floor again and pretended that I am dead–no erase that–I am already dead!

"Stand up." He commanded, but I didn't budge. My legs are now weak anyway. "Get your ass out this instance or I'm going to drag you out myself." His threat is so enunciated with authority that I can't help myself but to stand in bullet time.

"I'm standing. I'm standing. I'm not dead, hooray!" I announced while raising my hands in surrender but no one seems to get my humor

Mattheo grabbed my collar and dragged me out of the room and as the room closes, it seems like all eyes in the room are on me. Well now I know the secret on how to catch everyone's attention.

"A-are you gonna kill me?" I asked stuttering.

"No." He answered simply.

"Oh. That's a relief. I thought–"

"But prince will."

"Wait what?" Are they really going to kill me? Mattheo is dragging me down into the castle until there was no light to illuminate the chamber.

Torture chamber I guess.

I swallowed really hard that it echoed inside the room. Mattheo brought out some keys and opened a very creepy looking door. He shoved me inside and closed the door once more.

"Wait!" I called to him while I hold the bars from the door's window.

"What?" He snapped.

"Nice meeting you Mattheo."

"If that's all you're going to say then–"

"Can you please help me again this time?" I asked, trying to look wretched. God! I'd probably look like I swallowed a whole potato. I am terrible at acting. He did not react and left, closing the door behind him.

The whole room is very dark. I can't see anything anymore except darkness. The room is stone cold. Get it? Get it? Because the chamber is actually made from stones. I should be stoned to death for trying so hard.

Maybe darkness is not a bad thing after all, it saves me from the horrors that I might see if ever there was light. I sat on the corner doing nothing because I fear that I might bump into a rack full of axes and other sharp things which will be the cause of my own death. Heck there might be a dead body lying around here.

-----------

I was awakened by the creaking sound of the door. I covered my eyes when the light coming from the door almost blinded me. The question swirls in my mind; how long have I been here?