Chapter 16

Copyright © 2012 by akm

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixteen:

Absolutely Breathless

"Pam. Wake up. Pammy, it's me. Wake up!"

I startled awake, gasping as I leaped from my covers. Nathan sat on my bed beside me, a confused smile on his face. He stroked my cheek gently with his rough finger. I could smell his cologne and I sighed.

"Good morning," he whispered, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Morning," I mumbled tiredly, my eyes closed.

"I'd love to stay here and sleep, too, but with only fifteen minutes, I don't see how."

"What?!" I shoved the blankets aside and we both fell onto the floor laughing. The door opened and then quickly swung back, but not all the way.

"Goodness! You two are way too young to do that!"

Rachel giggled from behind and closed it all the way with a, "Hurry up," to end it. He kissed me quickly before jumping up and helping me, too. I opened up a few drawers and pulled out an outfit. Nathan casually laid on my bed.

I cleared my throat and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" he asked. Then it came to him. "But we're together now!"

"No," I ordered, pointing towards a pillow.

He groaned and stuffed a pillow on his face. It's funny how I trusted him, pulling off my tank top and slipping a shirt and jeans on effortlessly. And he never peaked.

We both hurried out the door and into his car. I grabbed a granola bar on my way out and chomped noisily. I'd never been late before. Well, I mean, I have, I am a girl and all, but never late for school like this. I'd at least taken a shower. I sailed the brush through my hair as fast as my hands could without breaking the poor thing.

"Pammy, Pammy, chill out," he said, taking my face in his hands when we were in the parking lot, kids passing by in conversation.

"But, I look like a mess and-"

"Shh." He put a finger to my lips. "Who are you trying to impress?"

"No one, I just-"

"Shh." He pushed it harder against my lips. "Who are you trying to impress?"

I sighed. "You."

He sighed, too. "Pammy, you impress me every day of my life. I don't know how, but you make me smile like a freaking commercial advertiser. Every day the only thing I look forward to is when it's just you and me. Us. I don't care about what anyone says or thinks, you are my world. I love you for who you are. Pamela Beckerman. My Pammy. You're so beautiful, I can only wonder how can a guy like me deserve such an angel like you."

I almost cried.

Then he kissed me tenderly, the best I'd ever been kissed in my life. The brush dropped from my hand and I slid my hands up his neck and wove my fingers in his hair. The world spun endlessly and everything inside me melted, but my heart. My heartbeat had quickened so much, and everything seemed to stop suddenly as he slowly pulled away, his soft lips lingering on mine. I was left stunned and breathless, absolutely breathless.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late upload!  I, uh, have no excuse for taking so long.  Well, I was "busy" with being lazy.

VOTE/ COMMENT/ FAN

I really want more comments.  I appreciate the few people that voted but seriously, out of 700 something, only like ten people? 

Spring Break is coming soon so I might upload and work more.  I'm not sure. 

I don't have any idea when I'll upload again.  Hopefully soon. 

Hope you enjoyed :)