Drabble 6 - Not (his to have)

It was official: He loved Shinichi like a phreatophyte loved water. He needed him. He wanted him. I had to have him.

So when another guy came into play, into Shinichi's life he knew he had to do something  or soon he would be forgotten like Ran was. He wouldn't be able to perdure that: much like Ran couldn't.

So he couldn't exactly detain himself from not pursuing Shinichi, however he couldn't exactly throw himself at Shinichi or get too fast too early; His friend, and hopefully more, was already bad with feels and emotions he would do more harm than anything else, which is where his problem lay.

He would have loved to snatch Shinichi to himself, kiss him senseless, but he still had no idea what Shinichi thought about him; Hell, for all he knew that Kaito something might already be his boyfriend. So how to make Shinichi his without actually going in the risk of losing a friendship?

Would he even be able to stay friend with Kudo even if he and Kaito became an item? Likely not, if he did not want to end up in jail due to the temper induced murder of Kaito.

Could he stay next to Shinichi without ever being able to have him; could he live with seeing him being kissed and loved by another man?