Drabble 17

After the kiss they shared as kids nothing happened anymore. Not until their teen years, that is. Sometime around when Heiji was thirteen and the boys had been off a case, Shinichi proposed to him with a rather interesting idea - it was an offer the boy  couldn't and wouldn't refuse.

Shinichi had asked him for a kiss and like the love struck idiot he was, the luckiest one of all it seemed, Heiji agreed to it without as much as a second thought. Who wouldn't want to kiss a guy he had a crush on for years? So he did it, right there, on the spot; he leaned in for a small kiss, a peck really, on the lips and everything seemed fine afterwards. Shinichi gave him no negative reacting and the kendo captain was glowing like a star, nervous the whole time around the other one. His shifts feeling increased as the night arrived, as that meant that he would have to spend the night in the same room as his friend and he would have trouble with his feelings and having his nerves in grip. But it wasn't as if the evening somehow wouldn't come, just because he would be struggling with his embarrassment.

When they were both tucked in their futons, his crush spoke up: "You know that when I asked you to kiss me, I wanted a proper kiss?" It wasn't as much of a question, though it obviously was, but it was more of a musing than a real question meant to be answered. So Heiji didn't answer it, he walked over to where Shinichi was and leaned in for a kiss; longer this time, with intensity and want - far from the earlier peck.

Seeing Shinichi's​ smile afterwards was worth the risk.