Drabble 22

When Shinichi went out drinking last night it was entirely possible that he got inebriated, as it happened on a number of occasions.

Shinichi's​ hungovers, as he was still a teen, were rather mild - no headache or vomiting, but a lost and confused feeling instead and sometimes, the feeling ill. He woke up from last night's part talking to himself, or rather to inanimate objects and then chastising himself for doing so or telling himself that he wasn't normal/something was off (which was always funny in retrospect), later on that would subside, he'd take medications and refresh himself. So far, so good. Nothing out of order.

What was out of order was that whilst showering he noticed something that shouldn't be there and it wasn't hickey he had no recollection of ever acquiring, although there was plenty of that too. What caught him off guard was ink on his skin, a beautiful handwriting on his upper left thigh, inappropriately placed, that simply said: dulcet. And it was odd, because who said that to a stranger?

It was a soulmate mark and Shinichi was terrified due to knowing to have met his soulmate and yet having zero clues as to who it might be. From the marks in his body he guessed it was a male, mostly due to how large the hickeys were, and his second guess was that it must have been either a very pretentious person or a well read one. Also a creep, possibly.

Shinichi didn't mind that he didn't know who his soulmate was, because he already had a beautiful and loving boyfriend and he was never one to take much meaning into soulmates, not when he knew plenty of happy couples that weren't together, but he had a fear that his soulmate, if he remembered him, would try to be a part of his life.

AN: In this one shot Heiji and Shinichi are in an open relationship, so Shinichi wasn't cheating on Heiji the night before.