Chapter Four

-          Chapter four  -

“I’ll be there in a sec.” Ashton yelled as someone knocked loudly on the door. He paused his movie and jumped off the bed. Grabbing his wallet and opening the door.

“Pizza.” The man at the door laughed, handing him the box in his hand. Ashton gave him some notes before closing the door and jumping back onto the bed. Making himself comfortable with the pizza box on his lap. He scoffed down the entire pizza in a few minutes and chucked the box onto the floor, snuggling under the covers to watch the rest of the movie. I sat on the sofa beside the hotel room bed watching the movie I had seen so many times before.

“Ashton you should write some songs.” I whispered, eyeing the guitar that was rested in the corner of the room. He obviously couldn’t hear me over his movie so I decided to say it a little louder. Maybe he would think it was his conscious speaking or something. “Ashton. Write some songs.” I said. He looked around his room before spotting the guitar in the corner.

“Okay mystery woman I will write some songs.” He laughed. Before grabbing the guitar, sitting on the edge of the bed and resting it on his lap. “Now if you could give me some inspiration that would be great.” He rolled his eyes. Probably thinking he was going insane.

“Loneliness.” I responded. His eyes darted around the room looking for the source of the voice but eventually he grabbed his notebook and wrote down ‘loneliness’.

“What about loneliness?” He said, strumming his fingers lightly across the guitar strings.

“Are you lonely?”

“Sometimes I guess.”

“You have no one your own age around you, no friends, that must make you very lonely.” He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“I am so lonely.” He finally replied. That seemed to inspire him and he started scribbling down something in his book. “More ideas.” He said.

“This mystery girl.” I suggested. It felt so nice being able to almost talk with him like a normal human being. But I knew I had to be very careful.

“I only met her once, what possibly could I write about her?”

“Why were you attracted to her? What made her stand out from the rest?”

“The fact that she didn’t care that I was famous. She helped me when I was need but then she just left. Left like I was no longer important now that I was safe.” He ran his fingers through his hair.

“Write that down.” I instructed and he did as I said.

“One more idea then we can start making these songs.” He smiled.

“The hate, write about the hate.” I thought back to the rude paparazzi that would push him, spit on him and throw insults his way. I thought back to the tweets and messages that would fill his newsfeed as he scrolled down his social media. I thought back to all the times the television and magazines made up lies about him to make him seem like a terrible person.

“No way.” His voice cracked slightly at the end. “That would seem weak.”

“Then make a song about it not affecting you.”

“Perfect.” He scribbled down some more words on his notepad and then stared through me out the window. I moved slightly so it looked like he was staring me right in the eyes. I wonder what he was thinking about. I knew absolutely everything about him; I’ve been there since the day he was born. But I will never know what goes through his head. He smiled, his dimples showing, and for a second it made me feel like he was smiling at me. Maybe smiling at something I said or remembering something I did. But then he looked down at his guitar and the feeling was gone. He wasn’t really looking at me.

I will never be anything more to him than the mysterious girl who saved his life that one time and the girly voices in his head helping him write songs. And I have to accept that before I get myself into trouble. Before I accidently show myself to him again.

He didn’t ask for any more of my advice again. He made the songs all by himself and to be honest they sounded incredible. Especially the one about me. I can’t believe a human wrote a song about me. Eventually he fell asleep with his guitar still on his lap so I picked it up and placed it on the floor, rolled him so he was in the middle of the bed, and covered him with a blanket. I stood watching him for a second before placing a slight kiss on his forehead.

“Sleep well Ashton.” I whispered before sitting back on the couch and watching the night go by through the window.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you hear the announcement? 5sos is FINALLY releasing their new single!

I'm so excited I could cry

Could we get 1 vote and 1 comment?

I'm only going to update every two-three days from now on unless I meet my goal so just vote and comment its simple!

I really like constructive criticism so if there is anything that I do when writing that bugs you then tell me!