Chapter Six

-          Chapter Six -

“Is there really no other way in?” Ashton sat in the van staring out the window. The path to the front door of the radio station was packed with screaming humans. Camera flashes were constantly going off I could barely hear my thoughts over the screams.

“This is the only way. We will get you through as quickly as possible. Stay close.” The big security guard stepped out of the car. Ashton stepped out behind him and was immediately squashed by humans who were shoving cameras and phones in his face. I pulled myself onto the top of the car and sat on the edge, watching the crowd move with Ashton as he slowly made it closer to the door. I am not in the mood for going through that many people. And I’m pretty sure that many people wouldn’t want me going through them. Suddenly I had the best idea. I could turn human until I reached the door. Just as Ashton stepped in through the door to the radio station I jumped off the top of the car and revealed myself. I pushed roughly through the humans, earning lots of angry looks and rude remarks. I was about to turn invisible again when Ashton appeared out the front of the doors again and waved to the crowd. Now there were security guards holding the crowd back so he was freely able to stand.

Then he looked straight at me. I could see recognition in his face and I turned invisible in a second. But he saw. He saw me, he was me change. I ran inside the building and leant against the wall. He saw me change. He knows I can change.

A few minutes later Ashton appeared inside and was led down random corridors until he reached a room with two sofas and a table stacked with food. He plopped down on the couch and started jamming chips into his mouth.

“Slow down there Ash. You are going to make yourself sick.” Grace laughed as she walked into the room and sat down next to him. He didn’t even acknowledge her presence, he just kept eating. “Ashton are you okay?”

“I saw her Grace.” His eyes widened as he turned to face her.

“Saw who?”

“The girl, the one who saved me, she was in the crowd today.” He tugged his fingers through his curls, making them fall in every direction.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“The girl who saved my life at the club. The one I told you about how can you not remember?” His voice was slowly beginning to rise so Grace rested her hand on his knee to calm him down.

“Do you want me to go see if she is still out there? I can ask for her to be brought inside.” Grace suggested.

“Yes please.” Ashton nodded. Grace nodded and walked away. Leaving Ashton to begin filling his mouth with food again.

I sat beside him. I wonder what all those food taste like.

“Are you there?” Ashton whispered. It took me a second to realise he was talking to me.

“Ashton…” I began

“You can reveal yourself I saw it with my own eyes!” He flung his hands in the air.

“I’m not meant to…”

“Why did you then? Why did you reveal yourself in front of all those people but not me?” His cheeks were flushing red and I was scared. I have never seen him like this in his entire life.

“I wanted to get through the crowd without going… through…. the crowd.”

“You’re going to have to explain it better. I don’t even know your name, what’s your name?”

“I can float through people. But it feels weird for me and it feels weird for them so I hate doing it. I thought that maybe I could turn human, push my way through the crowd, and then turn invisible again at the front.”

Ashton sat silently for a second, biting the inside of his lip. “Do it now. Nobody will see.” He looked around the room that was empty except for us.

“I…. can’t… Ashton…”

“I said change.” He stood up. I was surprised nobody had come to check on him. Especially because he was literally yelling at himself.

“Okay.” I whispered.

“What did you say?”

“I said I will do it.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh snap she's gonna do ittttttt

I just wanted to say hi to limehoran and I love you to pieces

And to whoever else has been voting and reading my story (I can't see who) thankyou so so so so much!

please vote and comment?