The Beauty and The Bad Boy Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Morgan's POV

As I stood on the sidelines cheering, I saw my mama and Trey's mom hitting it off, which brought a gigantic smile to me face. I knew Lane would be here soon and I hoped he liked Trey. The game had just started and we had already scored a touchdown. We were so busy keeping the fans going it was crazy. They were so pumped up, I just knew it wouldn't take much for a fight to break out, we always had at least one each year. I saw Trey sitting with our moms', Olivia and his friend Derek that came in from Phoenix. He seemed like a cool enough guy, I didn't like the way he looked me over but I'm pretty sure Trey set him straight on that.

As half time got closer, there was still no sign of Lane. During the homecoming court, I would ask my mom if she had heard from him.

Once halftime started, all of the homecoming festivities busted wide open. We performed on the field for 6 minutes, then the homecoming court started. After we performed we got a 30-minute break so I bolted to the stands to see mom. "Where's Lane?" I asked breathless sucking on a Gatorade. "I don't know doll, I still haven't heard from him". She didn't seem worried. Trey wrapped his arms around me and told me had the prettiest little cheerleader ever. He was so cute. I couldn't wait for us to get out together tonight. I was actually looking forward to it.

After we chatted for a minute or two, I heard my name being called, I looked around and there he was. "It's LANE," I screamed out as I ran up the steps to the top of the stadium. He picked me up off the ground and squeezed me so tight. God I missed him. I turned around and dragged him down the steps realizing he was alone. "Where's Emily?" I asked. "We broke up," he laughed. Wow, that was a quick one. He gave my mom a hug and introduced himself to Paige and Olivia. Then Trey stood up and shook his hand. "Hey man, I'm Trey, Morgan's boyfriend, it's nice to finally meet you". Trey was smiling and was so polite, but Lane looked like he wanted to punch him in the face. He looked back at me and pointed towards to the stairs leading out of the stadium. Uh-oh, he was pissed. For what?

"Lane, what's wrong?" I asked. "Dammit Morgan, your BOYFRIEND? Yu couldn't even call and warn me before I got here? How serious are you guys?" "I mean, pretty serious Lane, I'm sorry, I've been so busy, I didn't think you'd react this way. I'm sorry". About that time Trey walked up. "Is there a problem man?" he asked Lane. "Excuse me?" Lane asked. They both started getting closer to each other and I immediately jumped in between them. "What are y'all doing, stop!" I screamed. Trey asked me if I was ok, of course I was. Lane told me to stay away from Trey. This wasn't making sense, what did I miss? Trey said "I understand you are her brother, but you can't get mad because she didn't call and asked permission to have a boyfriend, I treat her like a queen and there is no reason you should be bitching at her for it!" He was right. Lane looked at him and then back at me and walked back down the bleachers with my mom. Everyone was staring at us like we were crazy. I realized it was almost time to crown the homecoming queen so I kissed Trey and asked him to behave, then ran back down to the field.

'Please let it be Demarra, please, please, please I silently begged. I wanted her to win so bad. I was nominated but turned it down. But Demarra deserved this. "And our Homecoming Queen for the 2009 Football Court is.... Miss Demarra Koustopolas!"

I screamed as loud as I could as I ran towards her. I was so happy for her, she deserved it. She was so beautiful and talented. She was my best friend. After our hugs and tears, she asked me what the scuffle between Trey and Lane was about. "I have no idea but I will find out later" was all I said.

The game started back up and I tried to block everything out for the next half. I'd get to the bottom of their beef if it took me not speaking to both of them. Little assholes. I kept an eye on Trey, and his eyes were all over me. Which made me smile. But I was still a little bit mad. We won the game 42-21. Stomped their asses pretty much. The fans rushed the stadium, as usual, and went crazy. I saw Trey put Olivia on his shoulders as he made his way towards me. I kissed him and pinched Olivia on the leg lightly, enough to make her giggle. "I think your brother is pissed that you didn't tell him you were seeing someone babe." "No shit" I replied. Lane was overboard. Period. I'd set him straight soon enough.