The Beauty and The Bad Boy Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Morgan:

The next morning I awoke feeling like I had a hangover. I dreamed all night about Trey. Visualizing these other girls from his past, he was a mean jerk in my dreams and had a cocky smile on his face that made me want to smack the shit out of him. I'm glad I didn't know him then, it wouldn't have been good. He said he was picking me up for school, which meant I didn't have long to get ready, he always came early. I was in the shower and could hear footsteps on the stairs. I knew it was him. Mom was in her bathroom getting ready. "Good morning baby..." I heard him say. "Good morning Trey..." I giggled as I dried myself off. I wrapped my towel around me and listened to see where mom may be. Sounded like she was in the laundry room now. I cracked the door open and quickly opened my towel. Trey's eyeballs were like 50-cent pieces. I wrapped the towel back around me tightly and kissed him. "Go see my mom, she's in the laundry room," I whispered. As he headed back down the steps I went into my room to get dressed.

I had a few weeks off from cheering until basketball season started and I was grateful. So this afternoon after school we were going to get movie and pile up in Trey's room. I couldn't wait. I still had so much on my mind after our talk last night but I didn't want to dwell on it. I opened the closet searching through the massive wardrobe I owned. Ugh. I just wish something would jump out at me; I wasn't in the mood this morning. Finally I chose a white Aero shirt and a pair of white jean shorts. I tousled my hair, threw on a bit of make up and slipped on my white converses and off I went. As I came down the stairs Trey was hugging my mom with a very sad look on his face. Her face was buried in his chest. "Mom, what's wrong?" I asked as I began to run to her.

"Honey look, I need you to come home after school so we can talk tonight, ok?" she said. She had been crying. Hard. I knew something bad was wrong. "No mom, to hell with school, what's going on?" There was no way I could concentrate on anything besides what was bothering her. "Morgan sit down please," she asked quietly. I sat at the kitchen table and looked at Trey. He looked upset too. "Should I leave Helena?" he asked Mom. "No Trey, you might as well be part of the family too, sit down." He sat beside me and squeezed my hand tightly.

"Morgan, I received our cell phone bill in the mail yesterday. As I was looking through it, I noticed your father had been calling a certain number several times daily and all through the night. Right now he is in Seattle but this number is from Georgia, where he has been spending a lot of time lately. I decided last night to call the number, and a female answered."

I almost came out of my chair. That son of a bitch. I would kill him if it were the last thing I ever did. "Morgan, please listen!" she pleaded. I sat back down. "The lady that answered hung up on me when I told her who I was. But then she called back." She started to cry harder now. "She told me that she has been seeing Ed for almost 2 years now. He had purchased another cell plan and gave her a phone on it. About 4 months ago, she gave him the phone back and decided she could no longer come in second to me, so she tried to break it off. At first, he cancelled the plan and left her alone. Then he came back to her about a month later and begged her to please give him another chance. He has other bank accounts that I don't know about that he shares with her; he planned to come home and tell me that he is leaving us Morgan, that's why he keeps postponing his visit home. He doesn't have the balls to do it."

I was so upset I couldn't see straight. I immediately pulled my phone out of my bag and called him. "Morgan, no, I haven't spoken to him about it, please, just listen."

"Hey honey, how are you?" he asked. "You piece of SH*T! How could you do this to us? You just thought you'd come home one last time and tell us we meant NOTHING to you and then go live with this whore in Georgia and we would just disappear?" I screamed.