The Beauty and the Bad Boy Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Paige's POV (Trey's Mom)

"Ok Morgan, here's the deal, I know Trey has been honest with you about his past. He was promiscuous at his old high school, but he immediately changed when he met you, I know he loves you, I know how he feels because he tells me, and he would never do that to you. As far as his past goes, I'm going to tell you everything I know.

There is no way he slept with 40 girls. I'm thinking closer to 20, not quite that many. Trey and I are a lot closer than you think. I've made Trey get tested every few months; he is and always has been clean. He used protection, I believe him when he tells me that. If not, I don't think he'd be clean as he is.

Secondly, this whole rape thing has obviously gotten blown way out of proportion. Trey did not rape anyone. The accuser was a girl he went to high school with that practically stalked him for years. Once he started driving, he parked in the back of the school. He came out one afternoon and there were a pair of black lace panties hanging on his antenna and a letter attached, from this girl. Her name was Melanie. He came home and told me about it so I called the school. They pulled both Melanie and Trey out of class and questioned them in separate rooms. The letter was from her telling him all the sexual things she wanted to do to him; she had convinced herself that he wanted to be with her. That's when she claimed he tried to rape her. This girl had serious mental issues. She eventually was moved to another school because her parents no longer had any control over what she did. It was becoming a serious problem. We even sought out the police to see what we could do to keep her away. Trey ended up having to file for a restraining order. There was never a criminal investigation for any sort of rape charges; it never went any further than the conference room at the school. Certain kids caught wind of it and ran. You know how that goes Morgan. I assure you, he has never had to press anyone for sex. He has a certain charm about him.

There are a few things I'm sure you do not know about Trey. First of all, he was adopted. When he was 7 years old, his mother was beaten and raped by a gang of cocaine dealers in Tucson. He watched this happen and was even hurt himself. She owed them money. She was a prostitute and he watched her sleep with any and everything for sex for his whole life. They lived in a studio apartment in the projects and had one mattress, so he would literally be right next to her while she was having sex with these men. We do believe that has a lot to do with his promiscuity. At the age of 8, we were able to legally adopt him. His mother went to prison and he became a ward of the State. We knew of his situation through a family at church who had tried to help them out but had 4 kids of their own. We took Trey in and we have done everything to keep him from that lifestyle. Considering what he's been through, he's turned out to be a great kid. He makes good grades, he plays sports, and he takes care of his sister and me. He loves us dearly. We've all been through a lot together.

"That makes sense, he just told me a few weeks ago, things about his Father, but he didn't go any further back than Livi's birth" Morgan said quietly. I think she was in disbelief. "Yes, that is correct, he was only with us for about 4 years before we had her. It was happy times then, but about a year before she was born things got bad between us. I felt so bad for trying to bring him into a better home and it ended up being a home divided. But he's done great and I am extremely proud of him.

Besides that Morgan, honey, you have nothing to worry about. Yeah, he was that person, but he has changed, it's so obvious. I've never seen him with a girl like he is with you. The whole touchy feely thing has never been his bag, but he can't seem to keep his hands off of you. I'm so happy for you both. I hope this helps you understand him a bit more".

I hoped she took in everything I just said and really listened to some parts of it. Trey is different. More than just a pretty face. I know she is too, that's why I feel like they are meant to be together.

Morgan:

Wow... that was a lot to take in. I was shocked and I felt so bad for Trey. But if he trusts me so much then why hasn't he told me he's adopted? Maybe I'm being selfish. I still wanted to talk to him about it. "Do you think Trey is going to be mad that I spoke with you about these things Paige?"

"No, I think you should tell him though, he has trust issues with females, his mother always left him, so make sure if you are serious, you stick by him. Don't lie to him or keep anything from him. Open and honest."

I was a bit overwhelmed from everything I had just heard. "Thank you Paige, that helped me a lot, I appreciate you being open with me." "Of course honey, anything I can do for you guys, I will."

We said our goodbyes and she left. I went up to my room and laid down thinking about everything. So I knew two things for sure, Trey had issues, and he was in love with me. I loved him too, but would he run away from me eventually too? That really scared me. I didn't want to have him any closer to me and then run away, I didn't want to get hurt. We needed to talk. I called my Mom first and talked to her about it a little bit. Her words of advice to me were "Morgan, it's better to love and get hurt than not love at all, so go for what you want." I don't like to hurt, I don't want to hurt, and I don't want to hurt anyone else. Why the hell is this so complicated? This is why I don't date. Too much drama. But Trey was different. Wasn't he?