Chapter 7 ~ Santalune City, Here We Are!

"Where're Ash and the others, Serena?" Bonnie asks. "I'm hungry!"

Serena sighs, stroking her fingers through Bonnie's hair. "It's okay, Bonnie." She reassures. "They'll be here  soon."

"Well!" Gary exclaims. "They have been gone an awfully long time."

"Eight minutes isn't that long, Gary." Serena points out.

"Whatever." Gary pouts. "I'm with Bonnie...I'm hungry!"

"Great." Serena murmurs. "I'm in charge of two kids."

The door widens, revealing Dawn, Clemont, and Ash...breakfast in their hands.

"Sorry we took a while, guys." Ash apologizes, sending a quick smile to Serena.

"There weren't any strawberries left, Sere." Says Ash. "So, we've got you raspberries!"

"Those were Red's favorite fruit." Serena mutters under her breath, her eyes pinned on the fruit.

"Wha?" Ash says. "Who's Red?" Ash asks in confusion.

"O-oh, no one! Um, y'know what? We'll just stop near a café somewhere, then I'll get food...maybe, uh, let's get a move on!"

"Damn." Ash says. "Not a fan of raspberries? Eh. Me neither!"

Serena sighs in relief, appalled by how dense Ash was.

Clemont adjusts his glasses. "Ooo-Kay. Serena's right, let's eat, then we should get going."

Gary nods, stuffing the entire waffle in his mouth. "Mm-Ammeed!" He mumbles.

"A-what?" Dawn ask.

Serena squints her eyes in repugnant. "Gary, chew with your mouth closed please, food's flying everywhere." She turns to Dawn, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I think he said, "agreed"."

Dawn nods. "Oh, OKAY. That makes more sense." Dawn brings her lips against Serena's ear. "Seriously, I can't believe Gary's my boyfriend." She whispers.

Serena giggles, "I know, me neither."

"Me too!" Ash interrupts, placing an arm around each of the girls' necks. "You and Gary make a great couple! Just like Serena and I make a great couple!"

Gary places a hand over his heart. "Oh, Ash." He says. "That was such a nice thing to say, I love you, Ashy-Boy!"

"I love you too, Gare-Bear!" Ash exclaims, embracing Gary into a hug.

Dawn squeals. "PALLETSHIP-"

"Gaaaaaaay!" Bonnie interrupts.

Clemont's eyes widens in disbelief. "BONNIE! WHAT IN KALOS!?"

"I know, right!" Dawn exclaims. "She interrupted me, just like every time I say Pallet-"

"OKAY." Serena cuts her off. "We get it Dawn.

"See! It happened once again." Dawn complains.

Ash playfully slaps Gary away, and flashed a smile towards Serena. Serena turned away, stealing glances every time she possibly can. She spun back around, smiling back.

Ash grinned once again, his bright smile complimented his irresistible features, including his 'z' shaped scars!

Serena stared into his auburn-brown eyes, eyes that shone with exhilaration. Serena finds Ash breathtakingly handsome, that she would often hold her breath.

It's a shame that she'll leave him soon.
..
For someone whom she never cared about.

"ALRIGHT, LOVE-BUGS." Gary says, breaking the silent tension between them. "Let's go!"