Chapter Eighteen.

Song of the chapter: Somebody Else by the 1975. Btw Levi did a cover of this song and it was so good!! 

This chapter is dedicated to:@realhavelaartje because apparently I totally forgot about you reading the first book and the second book in less than two days!! Wow dedicated!! I love you!!

Chapter Eighteen.

Violet's POV

His arm is wrapped around my shoulder. His hand is linked with mine however it is a lot more sweaty than I could imagine. The kisses he lingers on my cheek isn't what I am used to. 

His smile isn't big compared to what I usually bring. His steps are slower than mine so the strides are out of rhythm. 

The way he goes around in the hallway makes me believe and others believe he isn't a player. Which maybe he isn't. His waves bring emotion and happiness around. His jokes bring laughter. 

But it isn't Drew. 

It's Tate. 

The guy I have had to look at and not picture Drew being the face replaced with his.

Sometimes I find myself thinking of Drew. Actually I find myself doing that a lot.  Does he think of me as much as I think of him? 

Shit that does sound bad doesn't it? Has he seen my status yet? 

How can Drew be in love with me when he thinks I am in with someone else?

Am I in love? No I am not. I can't be. I just can't see that with Tate. But with Drew it was easy. I can't have the second love twice when the first love hasn't truly left yet. It's all Drew's fault though. If he didn't break up with me I wouldn't have gotten in this situation in the first place. 

"Are you okay Violet?" the soft voice echoes in my ears and I turn to him with no response. I kiss his cheek and slightly nod. He instantly comes closer as we walk. His grip becomes tighter and the safeness he makes me feel grows. 

Why does he have to be so good to me? Why does his look reassures that I will be alright? That what I could possibly feel is okay to feel?

It shouldn't be okay. I should feel bad. I should feel like I need to slap myself across the face if no one will. I should give myself crap because I could be hurting Drew. i know I should apologize. i know I should break up with Tate. But will I?

Will I ruin what Tate might have in store for me? And if I don't will i ruin what I had with Drew just a few weeks prior?

It's not about love or loosing love is it? It's about me wanting my own way and what i had with Drew was my own way but different. i had to give up that summer because i was chasing a guy I could have no chance with. Yes I changed him but he also changed me too. And at the time I have no clue if it was for the better good. 

The feelings I have for Drew....I had for Drew had to be temporary right? They will leave fully and i can focus on Tate. I wasn't ready for this. Not one fucking bit. 

"Violet I want you to meet a few of the friends I was talking about," the sound of Tate's voice breaks me out of the thought and I look at him to three people standing in front of us. His arm is now just around my shoulder instead of my waist and his smile grows, "This is Claire, Billy, and Tom."

He points to the ones individually and I try to smile at each but Tom looks at me like I am lunch or something....

Claire has different colors of hair as it is in rainbow streaks.Her posture is having one hand on her hip and slanted that way. She is chewing gum very hard and she won't even look from her phone for more than five seconds. Typical teenage girl.