Chapter Twenty Six

Okay wow. The last chapter was hard on my heart strings. I will give it that. Please understand it is a par of the story. It happens but please get help if you or someone you know has been through what Violet has. I love you all. Enjoy this chapter.

Chapter Twenty Six 

Drew

"If I was a flower growing wild and free. All I would wanna you'd be my sweet honey bee !" the guy sings. I look over at Nate and he looks back at me surprised. I look over at Levi.

"Why didn't the guy say this greyhound is full of singers. Terrible singers."

Nate puts his hand on my arm, "oh come on he ain't that bad," Nate says and Levi and I laugh a little.

This whole bus ride has been full of karaoke time and I am not haing it at all.

One of the singers goes to me after the song is over and I shake my head, "no," i mouth.

"Oh come on at least one of you has to sing a song. We aren't that far away now, "the man says and hands me the bus mic. Which is probably the smallest microphone known to man kind.

I grab it with hesitation and then shrug. I whisper a song into the karoke master's ear and the song's intro starts.

Austin nods and starts to dance in rhytmn.

"I heard that you'd been self medicatiting in the quiet of your room. Your sweet surbian tune. And if you need a friend, I'll help you stitch up your wounds," I sing and get up from my spot to walk down the asile. "I heard that you been having trouble finding your place in the world. I know how much that hurts."

Austin gets up and sings too joining with me in the chorus as he can tell I am shaking, "hold on tight this ride is a wild one. Make no mistake what you done you can't cover up what you done."

Levi gets up but doesn't walk, "now don't lose your fight kid it only takes a little push to pull on through."

We all sing together, "with so much left to do. You'll be missing out and we'll be missing you."

The song gets more hyped up and everyone that knows the song sings with us. I feel like a musician when everyone sings along in the chorus. Especially during the 'fuck the world cuz it's my life' part. I almost cry as we sit down and it ends.

Levi laughs, "so that's why everyone was singing."

It's moments like these I noticed I always forget how amazing life is. Levi, Austin, and Nate have went up here just because of me. Because of this stupid idea we had. And at first I thought it was the worse idea I have ever heard but now I love it.

We are bonding and we have been through so much. We started counting the miles to Lewiston and before we knew we were there.

"Where did Nate say we should meet?" I ask and Austin shows the address to some McDonalds. Once the greyhoud made a stop and we were getting off we thanked the man more. We stepped out of the bus looking into the city.

Somewhere Violet is sleeping and that's all that matters.

We take a different bus to the Mcdonalds and when we head into the resturant we are met with the blonde hair boy.

"Guys you made it!" he exclaims. We all laugh and stay in our hug for what seemed to be minutes.

We all didn't care if it looked weird or not because we have been through so much for last couple of days and you sure bet we deserve thiss long hug. We made it.