Howls in the Night {Chapter Seven Dancing Duet}

Calculous is pretty interesting. Blake sat behind me like yesterday. Liz sits next to me with a huge smile on her face. I glare at her. She is smiling because she thinks she is right about Blake liking me. I still have my doubts. The teacher starts to write problems on the board and I automatically start to solve them. Math is something I am talented at. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look to see Blake smiling at me. God, how his smile makes me melt. I shake that thought out of my head and look back at him.

"What?" I mouth to him.

He pulls out his paper and points at a problem with his pencil. Obviously he is having trouble with it. I can't help but give him a small smile and help him through it. Hey, I like being known as the smart one in class. It makes me feel superior. Weird, I know, but hey that's just how I am. Though the teacher doesn't think the same.

"Ms. Conor, turn around and do your own work." He snaps at me.

I turn back around after giving Blake a shrug. I start working on the problems when I feel a peice of paper fall behind my seat. I pick it up and look to see that it is a note...from Blake.

Hey, so since you can't help me in class, maybe you can help me after school?

I smile and write him back.

That sounds good. We also need to work on the Theater scene that was assigned to us.

I passed him the note and went back to solving the equations. Though, I have to admit, it became hard to focus because of Blake. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I feel the paper fall in my seat again. I pick it up and read it.

We were already going to do that. After school today right? At your house?

Damn! I technically don't have a house right now...talk about awkward. I look over at Liz who is busy with an equation. I sigh. There is no way we would be able to work at her place. Liz would be all over trying to see if we were going to make a move or not. I write Blake back.

Is there any possible way we can work on it at your place? I am having problem with my living situation right now.

I pass him the note and finally finish all the problems. Math is just way too easy for me. I feel the paper fall into my chair. I pick up the paper and read it.

Fine with me. How about after school I'll give you a ride there? Sound good?

Sounds good to me. I'll have Liz take my mustange back to her place.

I pass the paper back to him and start to doodle. Doodling is a great way to pass the time. I feel the paper slide back into my chair. Man, Blake likes to talk doesn't he? I pick up the paper and read.

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it.

I can't help but blush at this. I smile and stash the note into my binder. I think we settled what we needed to settle. The bell rings indicating that it is time for next class. Ironically enough, that next class for me is Theater. I get up and gather up my things. Blake walks up to me and takes my books from me. I look at him in dismay.

"Hey!" I tell him.

"I'll carry these for you." Blake tells me. "No worries. I don't mind."

He winks at me and waits for me to walk. I look over at Liz who is giving me the 'I Told You So' look. Oh how I hate that look. I sigh and walk to our next class. Liz parted ways with us as Blake and I entered the classroom. Mrs. Chadwick is in a happy mood as always.

"Hello class!" She sings. "Now, today I would like you to work with your partner on the scene that I had assigned you."

I roll my eyes at that as Mrs. Chadwick continues to sing in her happy tune. Man, this lady never has a bad day!