Howls in the Night {Chapter Nineteen Scars Behind the Wounds}

Amber's POV

Blake and I sit in the living room as Liz is up in Luke's room wrapping his wounds. Wow, I never thought those words would even enter my mind. A lot is going though my mind. Liz and Luke have a connection, the same connection that Blake and I have. My best friend has a connection with the werewolf that tried to kill me. How am I suppose to respond to that? But yet, Luke can't be that evil. Why do I say that? Because he just saved my best friend's life. Someone who is suppose to be evil, is suppose to kill anything in it's path, not save it. 

Maybe I just like to find the good in everything, even things as cruel as Luke. Is that what the girl thought when she ran with the wolves? I take a deep breath and begin to pace the floor. I feel Blake's eyes following me. I know he is tense. I am too. This is all becoming very complicated. In just a few weeks, my life has turned completely upside down. It just keeps getting worse. 

Blake stands up and grabs me to stop me from pacing. The electric current feeling courses through me once again. Damn this guy for making me feel this way! If only he knew how he made me feel... Blake pulls me into a tight hug, trying to ease the tension that is forming inside of me. 

"Calm down." Blake whispers in my ear. 

"How can I calm down?" I ask him. "Besides, shouldn't you be the one pacing here?"

"Yes, I should. But I'm not." Blake laughs.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Because I believe my brother does like Liz. A lot." Blake explains to me. "He wouldn't have saved her if he didn't have feelings for her. That, I know about my brother."

I stare at him in question. There is so much I do not know about him and his family. Why him and Luke are so different. Then, I began to wonder, would Blake ever tell me what happened? Just as I think that, I feel Blake's grip loosen on me. My heart falls a little at the feeling.

"I think I need to explain something about Luke and I." Blake says as he walks to the couch and sits down.

He pats the seat next to him, motioning for me to sit next to him. I nod and take a seat where he patted. Blake takes a deep breath, and leans back on the couch, looking up at the ceiling.

"My brother and I, were never like this... We were never like this. We were actually really close when we were pups." Blake begins to explain to me. "You see, when Luke and I were pups, we were best friends. We used to play in the woods. We used to run, jump, and chase each other. Then after we would go to our parents, and have a wonderful time listening to my mother tell us about the Decider, and how she would be the one to change us back to what we truly are; Wolves.

"Where lived right on the edge of the woods, on the other side of Lunesta. It was where my parents thought we could be ourselves without having to worry about the humans. It was a beautiful place. A beautiful house with a huge yard. White fencing all around the property. All of which we would Shift or Transform whenever we wanted  and not have to worry about if a human saw us. It was a great time. It was a wonderful time. That all changed however, after the night my father came back from hunting.

"You see, my father was hunting for our dinner, only to be hunted himself. Hunters, werewolf hunters, were in the woods that night. They found him. They wounded him, but he killed a few of them in the process. He thought he got them all, and limped home so my mother could wrap his wounds. He didn't know, however, that he was being followed by two Hunters. They saw the house, and attacked. They killed my father right in front of my mother, right on the porch as he was about to enter the house. My mother screamed, closed and locked the door to by her some time. She ran to us, picked us up, and carried us to our hidden basement behind our living room wall. She hugged us tight, and looked at us right in the eyes.