Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Wild Fire

"So I was thinking we could go out for dinner tonight with Jax and maybe Paul" Mari suggested. She knows about Kaden and how everything happened too fast in the short few days I lived in Seattle. Since Kaden hasn't made any efforts to contact me I figured he was with someone else and just didn't bother rejecting me yet-result of so Mari has been trying to hook me up with other men from the pack.

"he's nice" I comment and shrug my shoulders.

"But he's not Kaden" Mari says reading my mind. I sigh and nod.

"Come on let's do a little shopping, everything's my treat" she giggled and waved a credit card around trying to make me feel better.

"Fine, just let me change quickly" I shake my head at her and go to the house quickly to change. I go to check the pack house for Seth just to let him know I'm going out.

Walking down the halls I can't find him anywhere. Passing a door with people inside, chatter amongst them and a ton of computers and technology set up around the room.

"-they know she's here, actually so does he since the news spread like wild fire. He'll come after her whether she's with us or her mate. They'll want-" the door was shut in my face. Someone knew I was listening.

I high-tailed my way to the car and got in.

"So you want to tell me why you look like you just saw a deer get run over?" Mari finally asks.

"what do you know?" I ask her.

"About what?"

"Why are they meeting today? What's it about?" I push.

"I don't kn-"she starts.

"You do know! Tell me" I felt bad for snapping at her but I could tell she was lying.

"You." She sighs. "It's about you. That's all I know though, I'm not lying"

I walked in to an empty house or what I thought was empty until I passed the living room to find Elijah sitting on the couch across from Kaden.

Dropping my bags I rush to him. His arms around me making me not feel as lonely, thinking he didn't want me.

"You came." I gripped the back of his neck tighter.

"Why didn't you take any of my calls I was getting worried" his face saddened.

"What? I didn't get any calls from you. I thought you didn't want me"

Pulling me tighter against his body, I felt his erection against me. "Does this feel like I don't want you?" He asked lowly.

A cough interrupted us, Kaden and I sat across from Elijah. Kaden taking my hand in his and placing it in his lap right over his bulge.

He studied us, his elbows on his knees and his chin leaning on his hands.

"Grandpa I'd like for you to meet my mate-" I start but he cut my off, "Kaden Alexander Barnes. 24 years old. Alpha of the Eclipse pack, known for taking over when his father passed down the title on his death bed, ruthless, power hungry, demanding. Only child-" Elijah did an entire background. "I know who you are"

"And your granddaughters mate" Kaden adds.

"We'll see" Elijah remarks earning a growl from Kaden.

"Uhm Kaden let's go upstairs" I suggest and lead him away.

Once we're behind closed doors Kadens mouth is locked onto mine. Our bodies fleshed against one another as he leans me over the bed.