Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen.

I sat there anxiously staring at the bowl of chili that sat in front of me when the front door opened. "Laine!" I heard him call.

Before I could even turn around Luka was there wrapping his arms around me.

"Miss me?" he chuckled. I could only nod my head repeatedly.

"You ready to go?" On cue, Kaden descended from the staircase and into the kitchen holding two black duffle bags.

Luka awkwardly stared at Kaden and tapped his fingers against the counter. Looking back at me he held his hand out for me to grab.

At the door I couldn't help but notice he had more bags with him than when he left.

"We'll take my car" he announces as he picks up his stuff.

I sat in the back seat of Lukas SUV with Kaden. All of the duffle bags in the trunk of the back.

"This is Saul" Luka introduces Saul as the man in the passenger front seat. "He'll accompany us to the Mounland Pack to see Peter"

I could feel Kadens frustration with our new unannounced company until two seconds ago.

I didn't sleep at all on the way. Even with the long drive I couldn't sleep. Kaden tried to stay awake with me doing the whole 'if you wont sleep then I won't either" ordeal for most of the beginning of the drive but he ended up dozing off a couple of hours ago.

Saul and Luka would switch seats every five plus ours or so to give one another a break, right now Saul was driving with Luka in the passenger seat he turned his head back to look at me.

"We have to board a train for the rest of the way since we could be too easily followed by car" he tells me, his face full of concern as if taking a train would be some sort of problem for me.

I nod and run my hand over Kadens which sat in my lap.

"If you want I can wake him up" Luka said to me once we appeared closer to the train station. "No I got it" I say quietly which didn't matter seeming that Luka let his door close loudly as he got out once we reached the station.

Kaden jumped up from the sound, his eyes wide and alert. "sorry I fell asleep" he stretches and grabs my hand to pull me after him out of the car.

"Sauls getting our tickets" Luka made his presence noticeable before getting bags from the back hatch.

"You sure you want to do this? We can go back home right now if you want" Kaden offers me an out.

Shaking my head from side to side I follow Luka into the station to board the train, Saul fell asleep in his small cabin, leaving us to ourselves.

"Why dont you go get some rest, I know you didn't sleep in the car at all and you're looking pale" Kaden tried, I shook my head no once again and stayed where I sat, looking out the window as the train began to move.

I knew me not sleeping was frustrating Kaden but as hard as I tried, too many things were racing through my mind keeping me awake and from closing my eyes. Luka just stared at me, he could understand my anxiety eating me alive.

Kaden mumbled something before taking up the rest of the couch that was partially built into the wall of the miniscule room. What if Peter resents me, Luka tells how he always has wanted to find Gideon and I but his obsession with our mother was so strong, what if he finds that my being keeps him from her. No matter how much some say we look alike I'm not her.

I could feel Luka's vamp part of him reaching out towards mine in attempt to heal and fix whatever is going on within me.

Pulling up through the gates leading to ginormous house. A man nodded at us as we got out. Extending his arm he shook hands with Luka, "Quite swell to see you again Mr. Hale. I see you have brought guests, Master Peter is inside"

Luka thanked him and started towards the house, his hand in tangled with mine. "Enjoy your stay at the manor Ms. Hale. It's an honor to have you" the man greeted me as we continued to walk away I could only look over my shoulder at him.

As we entered the main door people came immediately to take our bags and luggage as if we were royalty. The color scheme was mostly white and a light beige coloring throughout the interior and exterior.

"Stay here for one second" Luka sets me near a bar-like counter top to sit on a stool.

He disappears around a corner leaving me with Kaden and Saul.

Momentarily loud footsteps raced down stairs and towards our direction as they got louder and louder against the pristine white tiled floor.

I saw Luka before I saw him. Luka made his way to my empty side, "I finally found her" his voice was filled of achievement.