Chapter Nine

'Laine' is a nickname for Adelaine, like Kaden calls her 'Ade'

________________

Chapter Nine

Return

To say that I didn't expect that would be a lie. I figured he'd still be disgusted by me. I looked anywhere but him.

Lincoln had to be smiling the widest, grinning from ear to ear. He was glad I made It here ok.

I was surprised the most to see Julian round one of the SUVs. He stopped once he saw me. Everyone was awkwardly quiet, "I'm saving your ass from a battle with rogues" if Kaden wanted to be nasty, I'd give it right back.

"What are you talking about?" He asked as if I was crazy.

"The rogue pack..they're going around because they've been looking for me. I'm the one they want" Julian now looks pissed off, probably angry that I was 'too careless' or that I let it happen that they'd be after me for some reason.

"I've met them before, they let me go and I don't know why they want me back now but when they come, I'll do what it is they want." I say as confident as I can. "Thank you alpha Hallowman but you don't need to get your pack twisted into a mess I made. Thank you for everything you've done"

"Adelaine, we both know I'm not going anywhere" Ryker Hallowman gave me a smirk.

"I'm staying" Lincoln stepped towards me.

"Nothing bad will happen" Michael said reassuring everyone. "Let's get you settled in"

"Disperse!" Kaden growled. The only people who stayed were Alpha Hallowman, Julian , Michael, myself and Lincoln who walked away slowly.

"It's good to have you back" Michael walked me to the jeep and got in, driving me to the house. "Kaden doesn't seem pleased to see me" I break the silence.

"You should've heard his thoughts" Michael coughed trying to cover his laugh. "He was so nervous on why you were letting yourself basically become a martyr, he wanted to jump your bones on the spot after not seeing or hearing from you. He was shocked for sure, worried, he missed you like crazy" Michael explains to me.

"And before you ask he didn't even look at another woman while you were gone." Easing my mind my heart jitters slightly at the sight of the house.

"When will they arrive?" I ask so I will be ready with everyone else.

"Since not today I'm sure tomorrow" Michael's hair got longer, he looked alert which was opposite All I saw in Kaden was tired and defeated.

Not knowing where to put my bags or which room I hold onto them and give myself a tour of the place.

"You must be tired" Kaden speaks from behind me. He doesn't wait for me to answer only knicks his head and motions for me to follow him.

Retreating to the top floor, Kaden opens up a door to a room that smells strongly of him.

"You can take my bed and I'll set up on the floor" of course he didn't want us sleeping together whatever Michael says.

"No. no uhm I'm fine on the floor, it's your bed you take it" I can see himself struggling to not argue with me over it.

"Suit yourself" I do just that and drop my bag to the floor. Grabbing a pair of shorts and a tee I go change in his bathroom and I come back to see a whole little bed set up on the floor.

"thank you" I slide under the comforter as the lights are turned off.

"goodnight Adelaine" Kaden whispers from his bed. I whisper it quieter back not being able to sleep at all.

I don't know how long it's been but eventually Kaden spoke again, "get in the bed Ade, you need to sleep" he orders.

I don't argue and climb in. I wanted nothing more than to roll around and engulf his scent around me.