Chapter Seventeen

UNEDITED BUT ENJOY
SORRY FOR SUCH SLOW UPDATE

Luka in the photo aside(;

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Over the past few days Luka told us stories about his journey as a rogue with the occasional Peter piping in to tell Gideon and I not to listen to Lukas stories for they weren't all exactly true.

"You're just upset because I have a better time than you do and I'm not apart of a pack" Luka shoved in Peters face humorously.

But even if his stories were tall tales I still liked them. When he spoke about his mate Nora came and quietly sat down next to Gideon and looked over to smile at me before resting her head on his shoulder.

"-but I got too close. I figured if I got mom and dad then it would be easier to find Laine..Abram wasn't too pleased with this and he went after her instead" Luka looked down at the ground, this was the true story about his mate not the story he told me about them both simply rejecting one another.

And then it hit me, Luka lost his mate because of me, for me.

"Speaking of mates.." Lukas vulnerable moment turned quickly into anger as he stood to square Kaden.

"Go to our room and wait for me there, I have something to take care of it will only take a few minutes" I hear Gideon whisper to Nora. She nods and kisses him before leaving.

"What were you thinking leaving Lainey alone for 11 days?!" Luka started, Peter and Gideon stood next to him on either side and looked at Kaden.

"We were needed back in my pack but I wouldn't make her leave to attend pack duties. I tried to space out when I'd go down but it took longer than usual" Kaden explains but it still hurt

"I still don't know why you couldn't call her, see how she was doing..she needed you more than anything and you weren't there.

I swear you were dropped as a baby because if her saddened state which I picked her up from that hotel in wasn't evident enough I don't know what is!"

Kadens face showed all the guilt he felt as he took in Lukas lecturing.

"On top of that do you realize how lucky you are to even have a mate? Especially Lainey-" Gideon cut Luka off at this point, I thought he was trying to calm Luka down but he surprises me in taking over.

"Our Lainey who is a hybrid and benefits you and your pack by being mated to one. Not only that but the way she is; she's the most selfless, caring, loyal,beautiful person I've ever encountered." I felt the heat rise to my cheeks at his words.

"And frankly you don't deserve her..like at all" Peter chipped in.

"Oh and we don't like you that much" Luka ended the one way conversation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I follow the man ahead of me, his square and broad shoulders facing me, he walked in a numbness as if he was walking to his death.

He walked on the red carpet that was settled perfectly in the middle of the large hallway. The walls and floor were made of a bright stone, the walls occasionally covered by old paintings of men who all had similar appearances.

As he turned the corner I saw the side of his face and recognized him immediately.

"Dad?" I called out to him but he didn't flinch. He just kept walking.

"Dad!" I picked up my pace but we were already there. He stopped and looked ahead of him. I stood beside him and looked at him but he wouldn't even look back at me.