Chapter 1

I woke up because of a bright beam of the sunlight touching my face. Just kidding, it's because of the knock on the door.

"Yes, mom? Come in!" I sleepily half-shouted so that she could hear me.

My door slowly opens and it revealed my oh-so-loving-mother. She's the reason why I wake up every morning, she literally is because she's the one who wakes me up every day but kidding aside, mom and dad are really the reasons why because I love them.

"My dear, it's already 7 in the morning and you have rehearsals for your up coming concert." She said while caressing my hair. "And you don't wanna be late, right?" She added and she's very right, I don't like being late.

"But I still want to sleep, mom." I'm gonna close my eyes when she immediately pinched my right cheek.

I threw my mom a why-did-you-do-that glare with my eyebrows forming a bridge.

My mom can't stop laughing and with that, the look on my face changed as fast as a blink of an eye.

"C'mon, baby, get up, go take a bath and your dad and I will be waiting for you downstairs." Before I complain with what she had called me, she's already out of my sight.

So I started my routine. After taking a bath, I went inside my walk-in closet and wore a white tank top paired with black skinny jeans and white toms.

I went in the dining area where my parents are waiting for me.

"Good morning!" I greeted them with a very big smile.

"Anak, when do you plan to have a boyfriend again?" I almost spill my water with his question.

"Dad?! What kind of a question is that?" I half-shouted. What's gotten into him and asked me that kind of question?

"I'm just wondering, kasi look you're already 28 and you still don't have a boyfriend. I want a grandson or daughter already, baka tumanda kang dalaga niyan ha." He is teasing me again. He laughed and so did I.

"Just wait and let my charm do the task." I winked at him while putting my fingers in the air like it is a gun with making a sound like a lizard.

I went inside my car and started its engine. I played a song that is really really close to my heart, Friend of Mine.

You tell me things I've never known
I shown you love you've never shown

I sang along with the music. My tears started to flow down through my cheeks. I wiped it away and told myself not to cry because it makes me look so stupid.

I thought I've already moved on.

I'm now walking through the hallway— "Hey!" He held my arms because I almost fell on the floor.

"What the hell?! Bakit kasi hindi tumitingin sa dinadaa-" I stopped talking when I realized who it was.

I got mesmerized, he's so good looking! I just face palmed with the thought.

"Are you okay?" He asked and when I looked into his eyes, it looks worried.

"Oh, hi! Don't worry I'm okay." I gave him my famous smile.

"Are you sure? You want me to take you to the hospital?"

"Are you crazy? I didn't hit the floor, almost lang. So thank you!" I hugged him even though I know that it will hurt me so much.

"You're welcome. Nga pala, are you on your way to the theatre? Ihahatid na kita so that I'm sure you're okay." He's still holding my arms.

"Ah, sure!" I answered but in the back of my mind, I'm saying no because I will just get hurt. Again.

We walked towards the theatre and he's carrying my bag and his arm is snaked around my shoulder.

Are you crazy, Lea?! Why, Earth?! Of all the people who I could bump into...

When we got into the theatre, he assured that I am really okay.

But when I tried to take a step, I almost fell again, my left foot really hurts so bad. Maybe it's because of the accident earlier.

"Look, you're not okay, I'm gonna send you home right now." He looks so concerned, I can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice.

He's overacting.

"Ep ep ep! I still have a rehearsal, I can't go home pa."

"I will gonna let you rehearse but I will wait for you and after your rehearsal, I'm going to drive you home 'cause I know that you can't drive. Baka maaksidente ka pa." Why are you doing this to me? But honestly, I feel kilig, he's so sweet.

"Baka may gagawin ka pa, I can manag-" I was cut off.

"Wala akong gagawin today. So, I can send you home. Whether you like it or not." He insisted to send me home, I just agreed so that we could start the rehearsal.

The rehearsal went smooth and I noticed that he's not where he sits earlier.

So I looked for him but before I take a step— "Wait for me, just stay in your position." He shouted and commanded so I obliged.

He's holding a coffee in his both hands and placed it at the empty table so he could help me get down.

"Here, I bought you a coffee. After this, we'll go home na." He handed me the coffee and our hands touched, my whole body felt the electricity.

As we walk to the parking area, he's still carrying my bag, he held my hand and again there's an electro. What am I feeling? This can't be.

I withdrew my hand and glared at him asking why did he do that.

"Para lang maalalayan kita, Lea." He held my hand again and I don't know what to do so I just let him hold my hand as we walk by.

"Nga pala, paano yung car mo?" I asked to lessen the awkward atmosphere.

"I will just take a cab papunta dito tsaka ako uuwi." He'd really do that for me?

"You're a very good friend of mine, that's why I'll do that for you. You're actually a best friend." Wait, did I say it out loud?

Then I realized what he said, and I walked fast as I can because I am hurt. I almost lost my balance again but I managed to stand still.

We're inside the car now and no one dared to speak. He turned on the stereo and I just stared outside the window.

Someone poked me and I realized that we're already in front of our home. He parked the car in the garage and I invited him to come in.

"Sorry to decline your offer but I have to go, hinahanap na ako ng anak ko." He's so formal, what's his problem? Yes, he has a daughter.

"Thank you sa paghatid." I gave him a warm smile.

"You're always welcome, Lea." He kissed me in the cheek and bade his goodbye.

"Take care. Say hi to Leanna for me. Bye, Aga!"