Chapter 4

Leanna asked her father to extend her stay here. It's Monday. She doesn't have classes today— school's foundation day.

"What do you want to do today, baby?" I turned on the television and turned the channel to Disney channel.

"I want Daddy here. Pero let's watch that first, it's Mulan!" She rested her head on my lap.

"You want me to call him?" I reached for my phone and readied his number.

"Please, idol. And tell him to stay here today. Mom's not around naman so what's the use of being home?" Her mom's always not around, why is that?

"But he's at the company."

"It's okay, idol. He'll understand." She reasoned.

I contacted him, after the second ring, he answered.

"Yes? May problema, Lea?" Aga, very casual.

I told him my purpose of calling him.

"Take care!" I ended the call.

"Oh my gosh! I just realized that your voice never gets old, idol." I think my face turned into a tomato.

We're watching Mulan so meaning we will hear my voice there but I didn't expect she'll say things like that.

"Stop, Leanna." I don't like compliments.

"What idol? I'm just stating the fact that you never get old, I mean your voice." She stops for a second. "And the whole you, you look young!" Again, she made me blush.

We waited for Aga and he arrived a minute early.

"Daddy!" Leanna shouted in glee and ran towards her dad. Aga lifted her so that they could hug each other.

I don't know what to do when Leanna asked me to join their hug.

"C'mon, Tita! It's just a hug."

I know I want it too but I'm shy.

I joined them. Aga snaked his arm on my shoulder and he hugged us.

It feels like a family. Oh, how I wish we're a true family. How I wish that I'm the mother of her daughter and I'm his wife.

"Aga, I forgot that we don't have stocks here anymore. Mag-grocery lang ako, ha?" I get my keys.

"Tita, sama kami ni Daddy!"

"Ha? Dito na lang kayo. I can manage." I'm about to go to garage when Aga spoke.

"We're gonna accompany you. Mahirap na, you're a well-known personality baka pagkaguluhan ka pa." Oh he's concerned?

"I can wear shade-"

"Sasama na kami and that's final."

He snatched my keys and started the engine. He drove to ATC where we can peacefully shop.

He held Leanna's hand and Leanna held mine. "Look! We're like a family." She laughed.

"Oh just kidding. Mommy may get mad." She's cute when she giggles.

After putting everything we need in the cart, we headed to the cashier.

"Ang gandang lahi naman ho ng family niyo." The cashier told us.

If you only know. We're not a family.

"Thank you!" That's Leanna.