Chapter 18

While walking towards the pool area, I can hear one of our maids talking with Ayella.

"Ang ganda naman po ng amo niyo, Ate." And in just a blink, I smiled.

"Ah, oo, magaling pa kumanta 'yang si Ma'am, mabait pa."

I faked a cough and I got their attentions.

"Sige, Ayella, una na ako ha, ayan na si Ma'am." She then left the area.

I'm nice with the maids because they're here to help 'cause without them, the house would probably be a real mess.

"So, how's my little girl?" Instead of answering my question, she rapidly ran towards my direction and hugged me and I did the same thing.

"I'm okay, Mommy."

"Have a sit," I tapped the space beside me—"here, beside me." She immediately did what I've told her to do.

"Are you okay na po, Mommy?"

"I'm okay naman, ah?" In denial stage again.

"Kasi po 'di ba, you were crying last time?" I'm trapped, okay.

"Yup. Wala yun, may naalala lang ako noon."

She's really like Leanna, they have so many things in common— they are both sweet, bubbly, intelligent and pretty.

We went inside the house straight to the kitchen.

"I will just cook carbonara, okay?" I used to do this for Leanna.

"Is that for me, Mommy?" She gave me puppy eyes.

"Of course, my love!" I saw her eyes sparkled after hearing my answer.

While placing the carbonara on the plate, I heard her hum.

It feels good to my ears.

I sat in front of her on the kitchen counter and we started eating.

"How is it?" I asked after her first try.

"It's fantastic!"

After eating, we went to the living room.

I asked her to give me a sample. I wanna hear her sing.

She's singing so darn well. She really reminds me of someone and the song that she's singing reminds me of a memory.

It's Christmas Eve, I've decided to video call Leanna so that I could greet them a Merry Christmas.

"Hello, Aga!" I waved my hands in front of the camera.

"Hi, Lea! How are you? It's been a while..." He showed his dimples off.

"All is well. I think you're really doing fine, ganda ng ngiti mo d'yan, Aga." And I also exposed mine.

"Yup. Ang sarap kayang magpasko kasama ng pamilya mo..." He whispered—"Lalo na't nakakausap kita."

Aga never fail to make me smile, make my butterflies in my stomach fly, send me electricity by just smiling, and he never fails to make me kilig. I should stop this kind of thinking, bad for me.

"Loko ka. Merry Christmas, Aga!" I smiled from ear to ear.

"Merry Christmas, too! You want me to call Leanna?" I nodded slowly. I've never talk to her since the day she left this house with her mom. It's been a month.

"Hi, Leanna!" I greeted cheerfully. She just stared at me. Why is that all of a sudden she became cold to me?

"I missed you, baby." She smiled at me. What did I do?

Don't you dare betray me, eyes, just please, it's Christmas, consider it as a present.

"Anyway, I just wanna greet you a Merry Merry Christmas." I just faked a smile, how will I be able to smile if she's like that?

"Same to you." Wow! This is the first time I've received this kind of answer from Leanna.

"Miss ka na ng idol, baby. I love you." I didn't wait for her to respond because I know she would just smile at me again.

After ending the video call, my tears started escaping and streaming down my face.

I felt something a little heavy on my lap and hands on my cheeks.

That's it, I just got back to my senses.

"You're crying again, Mommy Lea." She stated.

She's still sitting sideways on my lap and she hugged me tight. My sobs became loud.

"You remind me of her, Ayel."

"Sino po?"

"Si Leanna." I just let her sit on my lap because she seems comfortable in it.

"Who is she?" She asked while having a clueless expression.

"Anak siya ng kaibigan ko, she's like a real daughter to me. Pero bigla na lang siyang nagbago, parang ayaw na nga niya akong makausap at makita eh." I explained.

"Don't worry, Mommy, I'm here na oh."

I smiled. Her gestures are same as Leanna's. I'm missing her so much.

"Thank you, anak." I mumbled and gave her a tight hug.

"Ma'am Lea, nandiyan daw ho sa labas sina Sir Aga." My forehead suddenly creased.

"What brought you here?" I asked Aga after doing beso.

"Just wanna see you. I'm with Leanna."

"Hi, Leanna." I greeted in a week voice 'cause I know she doesn't want to see me.

"Hello." He coldly said.

"Aren't you happy to see her again, baby?" Leanna rolled her eyes.

She didn't bothered to answer her dad's question but instead she left us and went straight to the living room where Ayella is.

"Who are you?" I heard Leanna asked my baby.

"Ayella." I moved closer to them but I think they didn't notice me.

I felt arms encircling my waist. Aga's back hugging me while watching the two.

"I don't care. Why are you here?"

I looked at him and gave him a smile and he gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Why did you asked me in the first place if you doesn't care? Anak ako ni Mommy Lea, that's why I'm here." Ayella said firmly with a hint of irritation. I saw Leanna's eyes became wide.

Aga's gonna say something when I stopped him.

"Pwes, I'm Leanna Muhlach." She introduced herself. I didn't know that this is how mataray Leanna is.

"So you're Leanna? The reason why Mommy Lea's crying a while ago." Why did you say that, Ayel?

"What?" Leanna raised her eyebrow.

"She told me that it looks like you don't want to talk to her or to see her either." Shoot! I'm a dead meat for sure.

"Kasi mang-aagaw siya that's why I don't wanna talk to her or to see her either."