Josh woke up early and ran down to the cafe, he got some breakfast and quickly ran back to their hotel room. As he unlocked the door he heard Tyler groan. Smiling, Josh put Tyler's breakfast on the counter and checked on him.

"You okay?" Josh rubbed the sleepy boy's back.

"Yeah, I'm hungry though."

"I brought you breakfast." Josh went to grab the food he got, setting it out in front of Tyler. "What do you want to eat first?"

"The croissant." Tyler said as he picked it up. He smiled and almost took a bite before Josh said his name.

"Brush your teeth." He took the croissant from Tyler and helped him up.

"Fine..." Tyler groaned and walked into the bathroom, soon joined by Josh. They brushed their teeth together, making faces at each other in the mirror and giggling.

After breakfast, Josh decided to take Tyler somewhere else. A park maybe.

"Where we going?" A blindfolded Tyler stumbled to the car as Josh was carrying their bags.

"Step up- Were going somewhere for your next surprise." Josh closed the trunk, opened the driver side door and slid in. He glanced at Tyler. He was smiling, his arms tightly on his sides and his legs were crossed. That or his legs would be spread wider then the pacific ocean. He looked innocent this way, when he sat cross legged and had his hands folded above his crotch while smiling.

Josh drove down to a park. It had a playground, green slides and brown base platforms. the monkey bars were losing their paint and the grass was greener than when he had dyed his hair green.

He set a little blanket on the grass near the river and set down some snacks before getting Tyler. He was determined to make these last days the best days so Tyler wouldn't leave this world in awful shape.

He still wasn't sure what disease Tyler had, no one told him. Not even Tyler. But still, Josh decided not to bring it up.

"Tyler take off the blindfold and sit down please." Tyler did as told and sat on the blanket, smiling at Josh and tearing up.

"Josh.. You didn't have to take me all this way for a little picnic..." He smiled widely.

Josh picked up a sandwich from the paper plates he had. It was already cut in half so he handed one to Tyler. "Eat please. i need you to be as healthy as possible." Josh looked at Tyler, his lips forming a smile while his eyes started to leak tears.

He couldn't bare knowing he'd lose Tyler. But he sucked it up and continued with their date.

"Josh can we see if we can find fish?!" Tyler jumped up like an excited child and ran toward the river. Josh smiled and followed him, squatting down to touch the icy cold water.

"Josh what if I fall in."

"You won't. I won't let you." Josh wrapped his
arms around Tyler's smaller frame and kissed his neck gently. "You're safe with me, Tyler."

(SHITTY AF BUT ITS OKAY.)