Chapter Sixteen.

Samee's POV

U n e d i t e d

*

I can't believe this. He wasn't joking when he sent that text message,if anything he was serious as could be. As he said he sent his lawyer with the papers, with a heavy heart, it was signed and everything was done. But then,if he thinks he can just 'come for us' as he stated, then I think he should just give up before even trying cause that's just an impossible mission he's embarking on.

That's one problem solved,two more to go. I'm in a dilemma right now.
Alex surprised me totally by saying he wants to turn to a Muslim. That's not even the issue, the issue is that im one of the major reasons why he has made that decision. As he said "Samee I love you and I'm willing to do anything to fight for what I feel for you so I have made a decision to join Islam" those were his exact words. I have told him that his joining Islam can't be because of me, it has to be because he wants to, because he sees Islam as the right and true religion, because he believes that Allah SWA is the only One.

Mama has been urging me to accept the proposal which umma and uncle Musa have offered. Yes it was a proposal for me to get married to Ya Faysal. I myself can't still wrap my head around it. I'm not a fan of marriage talk more of even an arranged marriage. I know Ya Faysal might show that he doesn't have any problem with it but what if he does? What if he's just doing it to please his parent's? What if he's doing it just so he won't hurt his parent's? What if he doesn't treat me right ? So many questions I need answers to but how do I get them? There's only one way which is to talk to him directly.

Umma was currently in my room ,for obvious reasons.
"Umma Ina wuni?"

"Lafiya lau diya ta,ya kike?I hope you're fine. "

"Yes umma I'm fine alhamdulillah"

Silence.

More silence.

Silence.

"So..have you prayed istikhara yet?"

Actually I haven't because I'm still trying to buy time. Yes buy time. I might have feelings for ya Faysal but the story line might change if he has a lady he wishes to marry and this marriage is imposed on him. I really wouldn't want to have that kind of marriage so I will talk to him .

"Actually Umma I haven't. I was planning on doing that later amma.. Umm.. Umma I want to talk to Ya Faysal.. First."

"Okay toh diyata that's not a problem ai. Besides he is still Your cousin ai,for now" she said with a smirk.

"Thanks for understanding umma"

With that both umma and I walked out of the room and went to their part of the house. We entered with a salam but seems like the home was virtually empty. I was just about to go upstairs when the door opened, I turned back thinking it was Khadee but was met with a warm smile from Ya Faysal. Okay so why was I getting a positive vibe from him? Nonetheless, I'll still have to talk to him. So after mustering much courage I decided to talk first. It felt very awkward though I must admit.

"Ina wuni Ya Faysal, you went strolling neh? "

"Ina wuni Samee, yeah I did. It was boring here, no ones home this days"

"Yeah I know,sai hakuri. So uhh .. I wanted to talk to you.. Could we talk now?"

"Sure why not. Let's go to the garden then."

"Okay"

We are currently at the garden and by Allah I've never been in a situation as awkward as this.

Silence.

Silence

Sile-- "So you wanted to talk?"

"Yeah I did. So I'll just get straight to the point, its about the marriage. I want to know.. Are you being forced into it? I mean, are you doing it to please umma or are you doing it because you uh.. Yknow.. Like me ?"

He gave me a hard stare and I had to muster up courage this time, so I looked him in the eyes too.

Searching for some sort of emotion but I couldn't find any. His eyes,his look, they were blank. No emotion whatsoever.

"Hmm..Samee.. No I'm not being forced into it. No I'm not doing it to please Umma or Dad. And no I'm not doing it because I like you"

And my heart sunk.

"Oh" was all I could say.

"Yes. I'm not doing it because of any of those reasons. I'm doing it because I love you. I love you Samee. I've always been in love with you. I just didn't know how to approach you and tell you how I felt and with me being out of the country,I didn't want to involve you in a long distance relationship. So when umma and dad suggested I marry you. I was happy and at the same time I was scared, scared that you might not agree. Scared that you might reject me."

And my jaw dropped..I released a breathe I didn't know I was holding in.

Yes I was expecting sth positive. But I wasn't expecting that. Always been in love with me? Wow. How? Through my photos? It was soon time for maghrib salah so we both excused ourselves. I kept chanting Alhamdulillah as I walked home.
It is really true that Allah will not burden you with that which you cannot carry.
To say I felt relieved was an understatement,I felt free like a heavy block has been lifted off of me.

I went to my room, performed ablution, prayed my magrib salah. Soon it was time for isha salah so I did it. I decided I was going to do my istikhara salah still before I tell mama anything.

*
I went to mamas room and she was still asleep so I decided to make breakfast, I was on my last pancake when mama came down. I greeted her and served her breakfast. Muhammad Im sure didnt spend the night here but Ameenah hadn't woken up. It was a Saturday afterall.

We were watching TV when I decided to tell her.

"Uh mama. So I talked to Ya Faysal yesterday and I also prayed istikhara yestetday"

"And?" From her expression I'm sure she was expecting bad news so I decided to play along.

"I'm so sorry maa.. But--"

"Its okay Samee, what is yours will always come to you even if the whole world is against it. Even if it is Faysal maybe it's just not the right time yet. Kinsan Allah knows best"

I burst out laughing. She just gave me a blank expression like I was crazy or sth.

"Mama I was joking. Alhamdulillah all positive maa"

"Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah. Kaii we need to tell Fatima already. This is good news ai. Let's go and tell her, shell be so excited, Alhamdulillah."

"Okay umma let's go." I said laughing at how dramatically she was suddenly acting.

Alhamdulillah was all I could also say.

💚💚💚

I hear wedding Bells.. Eyyy.. Lol. Sorry for the late update, been quite busy wallahi but here's one long chapp for y'all.
I can't wait for the wedding oo. So I was just listening to 'This is what you came for ' by Riri and I got the vibe. I hope you enjoy. Please show me that my effort is appreciated by
Voting 💚and 💚commenting💚

                               Fii Amanillah💚
                               Asmaa💚